3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2007 2:11 PM by SafariTECH

Drop Down List

DiehardJ Level 1
      Hi I am trying to create a drop down list within director, I am not sure what scripts etc I need to put these in place. I am basically creating a list of surnemes beginning with letter A,B,C etc. Once selected I want a description of that person to appear on the same page. Can anyone help me out atleast on how to create the dropdown list?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Drop Down List
          James Newton, ACP Level 3
          There is a Dropdown List behavior in the Library Palette. You'll find it on the Controls pane.

For a professional solution, you can use the OSControl Xtra, which you can download and purchase from my site: xtras.openspark.com.
          • 2. Re: Drop Down List
            Level 7
            I've never understood why Authorware comes with a free extension for
            creating windows controls (such as drop down lists), and Director does not.

• 3. Drop Down List
              SafariTECH Level 1
              quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
              I've never understood why Authorware comes with a free extension for
              creating windows controls (such as drop down lists), and Director does not.

It does - as was mentioned already ... but its a library behavior you have to apply, and everything else is pretty much based on Flash controls, which are X-platform.

OSControl is a far superior solution though.

hey James ... never knew you were actually hanging around here :)

How are you making out with the drop down list for VISTA? It's been a number of months since that issue was noted on the ListServer but I have not seen a solution yet.

I sent a note asking this to the List, but have not seen a response yet. I have a project going out to about 30,000 users in a month and since we will inevitably hit VISTA users as part of that distribution, I would really like to have some type of solution for them.

Thanks.