9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2014 2:39 PM by A.T. Romano

MP4 in Adobe Premiere Element

Phtho52

When I import a mp4 file in adobe Premier element, the sound disappears.

The file has been converted from VRO to MP4 with VLC.

• 1. Re: MP4 in Adobe Premiere Element
          Kamna Yadav Adobe Employee

Hi Phtho52,

Can you please verify if the audio was playing fine, using some other tool, after conversion. If yes, then I request you to clear your media cache so that the audio gets conformed. The media cache is found at "%AppData%\Adobe\Common". Please delete the contents of this folder and then import the same file.

Also, please install MediaInfo tool and open the mp4 file using it. Share the screenshot of the file details.

Thanks,

Kamna

• 2. Re: MP4 in Adobe Premiere Element
            Phtho52 Level 1

Hi Kama,

Thank you for your answer.

The sound works with VLC (I used VLC to convert my video .VRO to MP4) but it doesn't work with Windows Media Player.

Unfortunately, I do not find the media cache that you refer to. Below is the detail of the files in APE.

As you may notice, I'm not very skilled with computers...

Thank you in avance for your help.

Kind regards

<image001.png>

• 3. Re: MP4 in Adobe Premiere Element
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Phtho52

Let us start with what version of Premiere Elements that you are using and on what computer operating system it is running.

kamna is suggesting that you delete the contents of the Media Cache Files Folder whose default location is set in Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks/Media Cache. If you are using Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, then the path to that folder is

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Common

and in the Common Folder is the Media Cache Files Folder whose contents you delete. That is where the conformed audio files are stored. You can delete them. The program will generate them again when and if needed. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path cited.

I do not believe that to be your answer, but please rule that in or out. If the above works, great. If not, then please read on.

What I would like you to explore.

1. Do you still have the VRO file? If so, rename just the file's file extension from VRO to .mpg. Then try to import the file into Premiere Elements.

2. Determine the properties of the .mp4 file that you have produced from the VRO file, using the VLC player.

What is the audio as well as the video compression? Please download and install the free codec utility named GSpot for that.

GSpot Codec Information Appliance

Then let us know what the readout is for Audio name and status as well as Video codec, name, and status.

3. Depending on the results, use a converter other than the VLC player to convert the VRO to H.264.mp4 or MPEG2.mpg.

A quick Google search suggests that the Wondershare FREE VRO to MP4 converter might do the job.

http://www.wondershare.com/convert-video-audio/convert-vro-to-mp4.html

Please scroll down in the above link to section designated Part 2.

I do not believe that your issue goes to Premiere Elements conforming of the audio, rather to the compatibility of the file with the program.

Let us see.

Looking forward to your results and thanks for checking out the suggestions.

ATR

• 4. Re: MP4 in Adobe Premiere Element
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Phtho52

Add On...Your screenshot .png did not get posted.

Please try again using a jpg format.

If problems with that, then to expedite matters, just type in the most relevant information.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask, telling us where you need the information reworded.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: MP4 in Adobe Premiere Element
                  Phtho52 Level 1

Thank you for your answer.

My computer VAIO VPCL1 Series

Windows 7 Family Premium Edition Service pack 1

My APE version is the one installed when I bought the computer : version 7.0.1

The Media Cache File was empty : that is not the issue...

I will try your other solutions, and I'll keep you informed.

Thank you for your support.

PS : the file .png was a screenshot showing my finder, but without the hidden files. It's not any more useful since I found the MediaCache with your help.

I see that I made an error withe the extension of my initial video : it's .ROV and not .VRO. It's the conversion format from my VHS video tapes to DVD, using a Sony DVD Player/Video Cassette Recorder SLV-D 990P

• 6. Re: MP4 in Adobe Premiere Element
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Phtho52

Thanks for the update.

If you are dealing with files with a ROV file extension instead of the VRO file extension, then I need to reconsider my reply which was specific

for VRO.

I am heading online to see what I can find out about ROV and the Sony DVD Player/Video Cassette Recorder SLV-D 990P.

To be continued...

ATR

Add On...curious that you did not find the cfa and pek set for your audio in the Media Cache Files Folder. Typically all video and audio are

conformed...video see mcdb and audio see cfa/pek.

• 7. Re: MP4 in Adobe Premiere Element
                      Phtho52 Level 1

Hi, A.T.Romano,

I tried changing the extension name from .ROV to .mpg and it works. It’s marvelous. Thank you very much for your expertise…

The videos relates to 30 years of my children. Now I’m in a position to make a film with APE.

Thank you again.

Le 17 oct. 2014 à 19:56, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

MP4 in Adobe Premiere Element

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

Phtho52

Thanks for the update.

If you are dealing with files with a ROV file extension instead of the VRO file extension, then I need to reconsider my reply which was specific

for VRO.

I am heading online to see what I can find out about ROV and the Sony DVD Player/Video Cassette Recorder SLV-D 990P.

To be continued...

ATR

Add On...curious that you did not find the cfa and pek set for your audio in the Media Cache Files Folder. Typically all video and audio are

conformed...video see mcdb and audio see cfa/pek.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6840825#6840825

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 8. Re: MP4 in Adobe Premiere Element
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Phthos52

Best I can find is that ROV is a data file. Any chance that it is a companion file to the video file rather than the video file itself?

Yet you said that you convert the ROV to mp4, import the .mp4 into Premiere Elements, and, at least, can get the video if not the audio.

What type of DVD disc did you use in the Sony? If you had used a DVD-RAM disc, I could see your file really be VRO, but ROV not seen

before.

What program did you use for the conversion of ROV to .mp4?

Regarding ROV, you wrote

It's the conversion format from my VHS video tapes to DVD, using a Sony DVD Player/Video Cassette Recorder SLV-D 990P

Any chance you have another choice for this conversion format?

ATR

• 9. Re: MP4 in Adobe Premiere Element
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Phthos52

I did not see your post 7 until long after I had posted by post numbered 8.

I was very pleased when I later saw

I tried changing the extension name from .ROV to .mpg and it works. It’s marvelous.

Great news. Great job. Thank you for exploring the troubleshooting suggestions.

Best wishes

ATR