2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2014 2:05 PM by singsister

Convert to symbol trouble

singsister

Hi, I am having trouble understanding the "Convert to symbol" instruction when I have already converted to symbol.  I have drawn a stick figure, minus a leg, and modified to symbol.  Within the symbol I have created another layer and called it "leg" and convert to symbol.  From this symbol I want to create a motion tween, but it says convert to symbol.  Is this to do with the fact that you can't motiontween something that looks like a line (leg)?  It seems to make no difference if I click on or off the grey/black surround to the circle in the tool bar. (vectors?)

Thanks Georgia

• 1. Re: Convert to symbol trouble
          Mohanaraj Adobe Employee

Hi,

A symbol can have another symbol inside its definition(nested symbol) and motion tween requires your current selection to be a movie clip symbol in order to apply a motion tween on it. If your current selection is not a movie clip symbol(you can view what is your current selection is in Properties panel) then it asks you to convert the current selection to movie clip symbol irrespective of whether you are already inside an another symbol or not.

Thanks!

Mohan

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Convert to symbol trouble
            singsister Level 1

Hi Mohan

Aha I see the two different symbols now, that explains a lot.  Many thanks

for your helpful reply.

Georgia

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 12:24 PM, Mohanaraj <forums_noreply@adobe.com>