9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2014 3:09 PM by A.T. Romano

Creating an instant Movie, Automatic analyzer hangs on media 468, only ignore button seems operational

Marc Charreire

I'm creating an instant Movie, Automatic analyzer hangs on media 468 at 61% and stay for hours like that, only ignore button seems operational. When Ignore button clicked I get a message box, where I clicked OK when get back to the previous progress dialogbox with still media 468  currently processed at 61% and no more progress.

PREMIERE ELEMENT Capture.PNG

I've monitored it under Process Monitor but trace is about 143Mo

Here is a screen capture you can see that between 0:55 and 1:49 nothing happened

Same between 1:49 and 5:49

Same between 5:49 and 7:55

• Operating system Windows 8.1
      • Machine ASUS X750J processor intel quad core I7
      • PREMIERE ELEMENTS 9

How can I get rid of that and produce once any result with premiere?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Creating an instant Movie, Automatic analyzer hangs on media 468, only ignore button seems operational
          A.T. Romano Level 7

marc charreire

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 running on? For now assumed Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

It would appear that you have 853 photos that you are trying to use in your Instant Movie.  If we assume that the duration of each is 5 seconds, then that would give you about 71 minutes Instant Movie. What are the pixel dimensions of these 853 photos?

More later.

ATR

• 2. Re: Creating an instant Movie, Automatic analyzer hangs on media 468, only ignore button seems operational
            Marc Charreire Level 1

Operating System is windows 8.1 (written in the original post) and Premiere Element is 9.0.1 Ninja

There are 853 medias including Photos and Videos MP4 (go pro videos), I intend to make a video including a mix of photos and videos, to be played in a digital photo frame.

Photos are 3456x2304

Videos are 1280x720

Thanks

• 3. Re: Creating an instant Movie, Automatic analyzer hangs on media 468, only ignore button seems operational
              A.T. Romano Level 7

marc charreire

Thanks for the reply with the details.

Based on history, I suggest a computer resource issue.

Premiere Elements 9.9/9.0.1 is a 32 bit application whether it is run on a 32 bit computer or 64 bit computer (on 64 bit, it runs in the 32 bit compatibility mode of the 64 bit system). In this instance the 32 bit system max supported installed RAM 4 GB (3 GB or less of that available) is a major limitation. Premiere Elements 10, 11, 12, and 13 Windows are 64 bit applications when they are run specifically on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

The pixel dimensions 3456 x 2304 for 853 photos is a problem under the circumstances. You will not get better results in doing that and are likely to stress out the project.

The GoPro footage may be a problem unto itself.

Here are the suggested variables to explore - the basic ones

1. Try the Instant Movie with just the photos (same as before) but no movies.

2. Crop Resize your photos to 1920 x 1080 maintaining the 16:9 aspect ratio.

I tried to edit my original post, but could not get into the post.

With regard to your computer version, saw that.

I have some experimenting to do with Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Instant Movie that may or may not impact your situation.

I will be trying to replicate your conditions, pixel dimensions and number of photos involved. I will include some GoPro footage.

Looking forward to your look at suggestions above.

More later.

ATR

Add On....what is your project preset?

• 4. Re: Creating an instant Movie, Automatic analyzer hangs on media 468, only ignore button seems operational
                Marc Charreire Level 1

Thanks.

I'll try your suggestions and let you know. now now nor tomorrow but will do.

Regards

• 5. Re: Creating an instant Movie, Automatic analyzer hangs on media 468, only ignore button seems operational
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

marc charreire

Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to your results.

Just some add on thoughts before you try the suggestions.

I just completed a run through with Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Instant Movie 836 photos 3264 x 2448 versus 1920 x 1080. It was easier going with the 1920 x 1080. I got at least one low memory message for the 3264 x 2448 evaluation. Got through both eventually. But have not added any GoPro video to the task. If you let your GoPro video set the pace and it is not be found to be the source of any problems, you would probably make it easier for yourself

a. Project preset 720p

b. 800+ photos cropped resized to 1280 x 720.

c. Also in the Instant Movie setup are you leaving Auto Edit without a check mark next to it and are seeing the Use All Clips dotted?

I used the Fun in the Sun Instant Movie Theme.

Work was on Windows 7 64 bit with 1 TB hard drive and 8 GB RAM installed. But, as I said, Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 is a 32 bit

application running in the 32 bit compatibility mode of the 64 bit system - so max supported installed RAM = 4 GB of which much less

are available.

ATR

• 6. Re: Creating an instant Movie, Automatic analyzer hangs on media 468, only ignore button seems operational
                    Marc Charreire Level 1

Hello

I've tryed by reducing the pictures sizes it did work better with pictures only. I used the same instant movie theme than you (I've only this one installed). But I didn't found any "Auto Edit" checkbox.

I'll try adding some MP4 gopro movies to find out where is the pain.

Thanks

• 7. Re: Creating an instant Movie, Automatic analyzer hangs on media 468, only ignore button seems operational
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Marc Charreire

Thanks for the update.

The Auto Edit is seen in the Instant Movie setup "Instant Movie/Customize this theme" after you have selected your theme. Please refer to the following screenshot from Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Windows. You should be seeing Auto Edit just below the section on "Closing Title". In the screenshot, there is a check mark next to it. I am suggesting that you remove that check mark to have better control over the ordering of your files in the Instant Movie.

AutoEdit.JPG

We will be watching for your results when you have time.

Best wishes

ATR

• 8. Re: Creating an instant Movie, Automatic analyzer hangs on media 468, only ignore button seems operational
                        Marc Charreire Level 1

Hello

As told when creating an instant movie with resized picture, analysis came to it's end. But, when realizing the final film I had the following problem

element 9 a cesse de fonctionner Capture.PNG

As you told me, seems that storage is an issue with PREMIERE, I've got 6gB of memory 1TB of disk but PREMIERE  is not able to build a movie with such comfortable memory.

This evening I did a try of creating an instant movie with the gopro movies, but with only 10 MP4 files and no picture, it did work. It seems that I can't use this insteresting function, for people like me having not so much time, to do a automatic editing of my movies with so much files.

• 9. Re: Creating an instant Movie, Automatic analyzer hangs on media 468, only ignore button seems operational
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Marc Charreire

Thank you for the follow up.

From all reports, especially your success with the cut down version of Instant Movie, all points to your computer resources because of the limiting factor - Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 as a 32 bit application running in the 32 bit compatibility mode of your 64. bit system. You are working against a 32 bit computer  system maximum supported installed RAM = 4 GB of which 3 GB or less of that are available. (Please refer to my post 3 in your thread.)

To confirm my impressions on your situation, and for troubleshooting purposes only, please consider looking at Premiere Elements 10, 11, 12, or 13 on your Windows 8.1 64 bit computer. When 10, 11, 12, or 13 are run specifically on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, they are 64 bit applications in a 64 bit system which can take advantage of installed RAM beyond 4 GB.

Please consider. If you do decide to troubleshoot by a comparison of 9.0/9.0.1 with a later version in your Windows 8.1 64 bit, please let us know the outcome when your schedule permits.

Thanks for the follow ups. Appreciated.

ATR