Thanks, but I don't see a download link so how do I obatain this dng converter?
Try clicking on the links at that page
I think I have it now. Here are the steps I took:
1. Go to your link: Camera Raw 8.7 RC and DNG Converter 8.7 RC Now Available on Adobe Labs
2. Click "Adobe labs"
3. Select Adobe photoshop camera raw 8.7 for CS6 RC and DNG Converter 8.7RC
4. Click on " Download the Camera Raw 8.7 for CS6 release candidate"
5. Don't select "Camera Raw 8.7 plugin", but do select and download "DNG Converter 8.7"
6. Run the downloaded file
7. Open DNG Converter and convert the photos in ARW format into DNG
8. In ligfhtroom, import the DNG converted files
Extremely frustrated because LR supports ARW for the 6000 but not 5100, which is the same RAW format
It'd be nice if that were true, but it's absolutely not.