4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2014 6:00 PM by A.T. Romano

Problem with elements 13

allenls

When I try to open a video file with elements 13 or premiere 13 I receive an error message saying compresser/decompresser(codex) not installed.  How do I resolve this problem?

• 1. Re: Problem with elements 13
          Arpit Kapoor Adobe Employee

Moving the discussion to Premiere Elements forum

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Problem with elements 13
            A.T. Romano Level 7

allents

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running on?

What are the properties of this video file and how are you importing it into a new project, including the file extension of the file?

What is the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video? Perhaps that can give us all the information

that we need to deduce video properties.

Also, you might want to download and install the free codec reader named GSpot and then let us know the information for

Video Codec Name Status as well as Audio Name Status.

GSpot Codec Information Appliance

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 13?

Lots more questions, but let us start here targeting the video that you are trying to import.

We will be looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Problem with elements 13
              allenls Level 1

The solution was installing quick time.  I am able to import videos with not problem now. Thanks for responding.  Allen

• 4. Re: Problem with elements 13
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Allen

Thank you for the follow up with the great news of issue resolved with the QuickTime install.

In the absence of QuickTime, besides the problems with trying to import the .mov movie, when you get to Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime,

there are no presets for export there of a .mov file.

Speaking of Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime, if you go looking for that export, you may not see it. Unless you use the thin scroll bar

to the right of the choices to scroll down to get to QuickTIme, all you will see is MPEG, AVCHD, and XAVC-S.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions on your Premiere Elements workflows. We are glad for the opportunity to be of

assistance.

Best wishes

ATR