11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2014 7:31 PM by @random

Callibrating Panasonic Lumix FZ200

@random

I don't see a reference to this make and model in LR 5. Is there a way to get LR5 to calibrate it.

• 1. Re: Callibrating Panasonic Lumix FZ200
          DdeGannes Adobe Community Professional

The list of supported cameras shows that the support for Raw files from this camera was introduced in LR 4.2 see the link below.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

• 2. Re: Callibrating Panasonic Lumix FZ200
            @random Level 1

Okay, that's a start. But what do I do with this. I think I failed to see any 'instructions', per se. Am I wrong?

• 3. Re: Callibrating Panasonic Lumix FZ200

In the Lightroom Develop Module if you have a Raw file selected for your camera and you go to the Camera Calibration you will see one profile with the name "Adobe Standard". That is the profile created by Adobe for your specific camera model. At this time there are no other profiles supplied for the Panasonic Camera models. The only profile that will appear there are ones specific to your Camera Model, they are selected automatically.

See the screen capture.

Image00299.jpg

Some cameras have additional profiles to simulate the way the in camera jpegs. See screen capture for my Olympus EM-1

OlyEM-1Profile.jpg

Adobe also supplied a free software program called DNG Profile Editor which can be used to create your own profile for your camera. The link below is for the Windows version, there is also one for the Mac

Adobe - DNG Profile Editor : For Windows : DNG Profile Editor 1.0.4

• 4. Re: Callibrating Panasonic Lumix FZ200
                @random Level 1

I have observed some onlilne tutorials where the photographer dials in his camera model and the LR5 'knows' how to go from there. I understand there's some sort of DIY download they (Adobe) will provide for those willing to try to create a profile for their omitted make/model. Am I wrong? I guess the next logical question going from there would be, is it worth the effort?

• 5. Re: Callibrating Panasonic Lumix FZ200

All the info you need is in my reply. All supported camera models are provide with a "Adobe Standard" profile that is specific to their camera model. The DNG Profile Editor allows users to tweek their camera profile to their taste. I have provided the link.

Your camera model is supported and there is a profile that is specific to the camera.

• 6. Re: Callibrating Panasonic Lumix FZ200
                    @random Level 1

Below is a screenshot. If I am misunderstanding your reply/replies, kindly show me where.

• 7. Re: Callibrating Panasonic Lumix FZ200

From your screen capture you have a raw file selected "P1030465.RW2" on the right side under Camera Calibration you see there is "Adobe Standard" that is the profile that is specific to your Camera. Every supported camera model has an "Adobe Standard Profile" which is specific to the Camera and it gets selected by default when you are working with a Raw file from your Camera. (You will never see the name of your Camera specified.)

See the screen capture.

Image00301.jpg

• 8. Re: Callibrating Panasonic Lumix FZ200
                        @random Level 1

Hi and thanks for continuing to try to help me penetrate this ---- what's the difference

• 9. Re: Callibrating Panasonic Lumix FZ200

I am enclosing another screen capture for my Olympus E300 one of the earlier DSLR models from Olympus which shows several profiles

1. ACR 2.4 (this is the original profile supplied by Adobe and relates to the version od Adobe Camera Raw that was current at the time support was implemented for this camera)

2. ACR 4.4 (this was an updated profile supplied by Adobe when ACR 4.4 was current.

3. Adobe Standard (this is a further updated profile subsequent to the earlier versions when Adobe adopted a different naming convention)

4. Olympus E-300 MyProfile (this is a profile I created using the DNG Profile editor)

ProfilesE300.jpg

• 10. Re: Callibrating Panasonic Lumix FZ200

The screen capture you are showing reflects work with a Nikon Camera. The profiles that start with the "Camera" designation refers to additional profiles done by Adobe  for said Camera to try and emulate the jpeg files reproduced by the camera when using the various shooting modes available for the camera. Unfortunately Adobe have not produced any of these profiles for Panasonic camera models. So far Nikon, Canon, are the main cameras that have additional profiles and in recent times, Sony, Pentax, Fuji and Olympus. Hopefully Panasonic users may get lucky in the future.

I did make mention of this in one of my earlier posts when I posted a screen capture of the profiles for my EM-1.

• 11. Re: Callibrating Panasonic Lumix FZ200
                              @random Level 1

Right. I've been doing a bit more surfing and found some experts going on about Xrite color checker + software to gin up profiles. Interesting stuff but a bit endless or so looks to a beginner like myself.