Now I can't get them out for emailing and printing.
I have tried that and the files cannot be found and when I search for them on my computer they, can't be found either but the photo is right in front of my face in Lightroom.. Any other ideas?
The Files are not kept within Lightroom.
When you imported the Files, depending on which Import option you chose, you either told Lightroom where the Image Files were on your Hard rives or told Lightroom where to copy them to on your hard drives. If you have since moved or deleted these files outside of Lightroom or the Hard drive that they were on is not connected or has had its name or letter designation changed Lightroom will not be able to find them. The images you can see are Lightroom's preview files of the images. These are updated and modified each time you make an adjustment to the original file but they will persist if the original files are moved or deleted outside of Lightroom.
If Lightroom can't find the files, and you can't find them on your computer hard disk(s), then this is not good. (Did you delete the photos?)
You need to try (in order) until you find your photos:
- Have your operating system search all of your hard disks for one of the files by name
- Check the Trash Can/Recycle Bin
- Restore Photos from Backups
- Restore from Camera cards, if available
- Try using an "undelete utility" which can find and recover deleted files (free ones are available)
- Export the previews, which are usually much smaller and lower quality than the original photos, using robcole.com - PreviewExporter