I’m working on this project and the company I work for
doesn’t support XML. I have this flash file that I
didn’t write that I'm trying to convert the xml over to AS.
My problem is I don’t seem to be able to duplicate the array.
I want the array data to be written the same as if it came from an
XML document because this array is connected to a lot of other
things that I really don’t want to go in and mess with. The
original code looks like this the following code. Does any one know
how I could convert it back to AS? Thanks for any help. :)
Seems to me that you'd just need pseudoRoot.contentArray to
be an array of all the filenames. All of that extra code is to pull
the filename out of the XML. The code you show only push()es the
filenames alone to the content array. There is some other code in
case <param .. /> is encountered, but in the XML you gave,
there are no <param />s anyway.
So, unless I'm mistaken, the following should work:
pseudoRoot.contentArray = ["cover.jpg", "coverinside.jpg",
"page01.jpg" ..... ];
(of course insert the rest of the jpgs in there).
Thanks! I came up with the same thing. I was coming back to
forum to let everyone know I figured it out. Then I saw your post
and you came up with the same thing I did. But of course you solved
it in about five minutes, I've been working on for the past hour or
so. Thanks again. :)