10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2007 12:20 PM by Peter Grainge

"open project was cancelled or the application was unable to load database for..."

excaza
      I'm doing a project for my Professional Writing course and I have to use RoboHelp to create an online help document. The professor provided templates for us to use but when I go to open the project file I get the following error: "open project was cancelled or the application was unable to load database for....(then the directory)"

I know the project file isn't corrupted because the members of my class are using the same one without issue. I tried re-downloading the file, I also re-installed the program itself, still with no luck. I'm using a Trial Version of RoboHelp 6.0 .

The only other suggestions I have seen are that I don't have edit perms for the system, but it's my personal laptop and I have full admin privs. I thought at first that the folder was read-only, but when I opened it up all it displays is the little green box in the checkbox (which doesn't mean the folder is read-only, it's just some stupid windows default, it's only read-only if the box is actually checked). I tried making the entire directory read-only and then turn it off but still get the same error.

Any suggestions?