1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 16, 2014 6:23 PM by Peter Spier

Issue editing a legacy InDesign template that uses Roboto font

mozzling

I've come across a weird problem.

I created a InDesign template for my company reports using CS5 a few years back. I've always kept the saved template up-to-date every time we updated InDesign (I'm currently up-to-date on the recent CC 10.1.0.71 build - running on Mac OS Mavericks)

I went to create a new report today using the template - every time I edited a text box containing Roboto font (from the master spreads) the baseline of the font jumps down a number of pixels (the larger the point of the text size the larger the jump) - see attachments

This affects all the text boxes on the master pages - meaning that all the text is lower down the page than should be. Some text in boxes (that are particularly narrow in height) disappears altogether (overflows).

None of the elements in the document are set to snap to the baseline grid - so this isn't the problem. I've also checked text wraps.

I've created a new document and it seems the latest version of InDesign sets Roboto lower in text boxes than it did previously - I can't double check this as I don't have an older copy of InDesign.

Has anyone else come across this issue - or have a fix?

Screen Shot 2014-10-16 at 17.08.46.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-16 at 17.08.53.png