8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2014 8:29 AM by A.T. Romano

An error occured while writing the slid show to wmv the wmv file has not been created.

Umbarger

I have tried to burn a slide show of pictures with music to DVD I want Blu-ray but Adobe does not offer it and this is the error message I get every time. I have Windows 7 64 bit Abode use to work.

Jim

• 1. Re: An error occured while writing the slid show to wmv the wmv file has not been created.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

umbarger

What program is involved?

From your description, you appear to be using some version of the Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor to create your slideshow and Output it to Save As A  File Movie File (wmv). If so, are you saying that your only program is Photoshop Elements that comes with this particular Elements Organizer?

With regard to this slideshow in the Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor

a. how many photos and what are the pixel dimensions of these photos?

b. besides the music, what else is in this slideshow?

c. what is the total duration of the slideshow?

d. when you go to Output the slideshow, what are you setting for the wmv Slide Size?

Please review, consider, and let me know if I have interpreted you question correctly based on the assumptions that I have made.

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: An error occured while writing the slid show to wmv the wmv file has not been created.
            Umbarger Level 1

I am using Adobe Premiere Elements Version 12 I just uploaded a cheaper slide show program NCH  <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?NCHSoftware/f6ad68fd7b/e2c04f5e9d/7be747a760/ref=nls143WB> VideoPad Video Editor the same show information worked perfect I am running it on my TV right now. The quality is not as good as Blu-Ray that is what I want to copy to as all my pictures were taken with an HD high quality camera.

Jim

• 3. Re: An error occured while writing the slid show to wmv the wmv file has not been created.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jim

We are glad for your success with the NCH software, but do you want to work through your Premiere Elements 12/Elements Organizer 12 situation to try to get your slideshow as in Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc? I do not understand the following....

I have tried to burn a slide show of pictures with music to DVD I want Blu-ray but Adobe does not offer it

If you have Premiere Elements 12, you can burn your Premiere Elements 12 Timeline - Publish+Share/Disc/Blu-ray disc.

The answers will be in the details. If you have the patience and time, I will go the extra mile to help.

But as I said, the answers will be in the details, and I will need the details asked for in post 1 for starters.

Best wishes on whatever your final decisions are.

ATR

• 4. Re: An error occured while writing the slid show to wmv the wmv file has not been created.
                Umbarger Level 1

Ok

After reading all of your email here is more information.

Open Premiere Elements 12

Open Organizer/ click on editor

Open Photoshop Elements Work Space

Click on create slide shop

upload 432 tif pictures 1600x1067 average 7 mb each

Show:

Static Duration 10 sec

Transition: None

Transition Duration 2 sec

Preview Quality High

Show Time 1:12

Upload 31 Songs MP3 Format or Wave gives me the same result

As soon as I add Sound Files the error message I first posted pops up

Jim

• 5. Re: An error occured while writing the slid show to wmv the wmv file has not been created.
                  Umbarger Level 1

I use Premiere Elements for Blu-ray movies no problem I also Have ProShow Gold with Blu-ray feature, but I have had Photoshop for over 15 years and liked it before buying this new version. I would like it to work.

Jim

• 6. Re: An error occured while writing the slid show to wmv the wmv file has not been created.
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Umbarger

I used the Elements Organizer 12 from Premiere Elements 12 to create a slideshow and output it to a wmv file. This slideshow was build

as you described with about 432 photos (duration 10 seconds each), no transitions, 31 music files (each 3 minutes or less in duration), total duration

of the Filmstrip = about 1 hour and 14 minutes. Repeatedly I was warned by the program about using photos and duration greater than 500 photos and/or 60 minutes total duration.

Warning12.JPG

I continued nonetheless.

1. I added the photos (1600 x 1067 pixels) first, each with the duration of 10 seconds.

Under the circumstances, I would recommend a photo duration of 5 seconds or less. But,

all 440 @ 10 seconds duration each were added to the Filmstrip without errors.

2. When it came to placing the audio in the Filmstrip, I decided to add one by one to see how

far I could get for the goal of placing 31 music files in the audio bar. My files were .mp3. The

first one that I added to the Filmstrip shut down the Elements Organizer 12. If I started again and

tried again, same thing. After I converted the .mp3 to .wav in iTunes, the .wav file produced was

added to the Filmstrip without problem. So, for me, it did make a difference whether or not

the music added was .mp3 or .wav.

3. In spite of the warning message, the writing of the wmv file was completed successfully

in about 28 minutes (Slide Size had been set at "DVD-NTSC 720 x 480").

I would caution you about considering the Elements Organizer 13 for your slideshows. This is

a new Elements Organizer that will offer you 720p and 1080p AVCHD.mp4 slideshows, but....

Each slideshow has a choice of 1 of 5 themes. The flexibility in editing and customizing these

slideshows is of concern to me. Try before buy if buy is a consideration.

What to use to get this wmv slideshow to DVD disc in DVD-VIDEO format without black borders is

another matter in view of the behavior of the Windows DVD Maker if you intend to use that.

Even if you want to build the slideshow in the Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor, I am still

not clear why you want to go the wmv route. Why not use the Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor

Output command Edit with Premiere Elements Editor and then further edit the slideshow in Premiere Elements

if necessary and then do the burn to there?

Lots to talk about but I will pause here for you to consider.

ATR

• 7. Re: An error occured while writing the slid show to wmv the wmv file has not been created.
                      Umbarger Level 1

I made a perfect slide Blu-ray slide show using the Video Editor section of Adobe Premier Elements sorry for taking your time.

Jim

• 8. Re: An error occured while writing the slid show to wmv the wmv file has not been created.
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Jim

Great news. Great choice of using the Premiere Elements Editor for your slideshow to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc.

Best wishes.

ATR