1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 16, 2014 11:34 AM by dj_paige

Missing photos in Lightroom 4, cannot find photos outside of lightroom on my laptop.

Sunglasses

I am missing photos in Lightroom 4 and cannot find the photos outside of lightroom on my laptop. I uploaded photos directly from my camera to light room (NOT the laptop in general). I expected them to transfer automatically to "My Pictures" like they normally do, but I am guessing they didn't transfer automatically like they should have. I uploaded them as .NEF files, which I usually edit and then export out into a file as JPGs. Now I cannot locate any of those .NEF files anywhere. The files missing were taken in July and August 2014 and do not appear at all in Lightroom or on my laptop.

I have been using Light Room since Spring 2013 and have never had an issue like this before. I have not deleted any files on my computer, nor had any viruses that would delete data. I use a Dell PC and am running Windows 7. Help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Missing photos in Lightroom 4, cannot find photos outside of lightroom on my laptop.
          dj_paige Level 9

I uploaded photos directly from my camera to light room (NOT the laptop in general).  I expected them to transfer automatically to "My Pictures" like they normally do, but I am guessing they didn't transfer automatically like they should have.

One possibility is that you accidentally imported the photos to a different folder. Have your operating system search for one of these photos by name on all of your hard disks.

If you can't find them this way, look in the recycle bin, restore the photos from your camera card, or restore photos from your backups.

If none of this works and you don't have backups (why not?), then I would guess they are gone.