Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 compatible with Mac OS Yosemite?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it wasn't designed to be compatible (obviously) and apple generally does not design its os'es to be compatible with older software, but you can check other users experience - http://roaringapps.com/apps:table

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2014 Oct 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop and Indesign worked directly after the upgrade. I had some trouble getting Illustrator to work:

I had problems with Adobe Illustrator CS3 and Yosemite. After the upgrade I installed Java for OS X 2014-001, as suggested by others. This seemed to work (sometimes) but when I opened Illustrator for the 2nd time it failed to open. Illustrator opened without crashing, but it did not show any menus, if I opened an .ai file the file did load and show on the screen, but I could not click on the window (unresponsive). Essentially this made Illustrator useless. I tried the following:

• Re-installation
  • Install Java for OS X 2014-001
  • Cleaning font cache
  • Checking permissions
  • Installing other versions of Java (both JRE and JDK)

Nothing seemed to help. Until finally 15 minutes ago I found the solution by accident:

1. Open System Preferences > Java
  2. Wait for the Java Control Panel to load
  3. Open Adobe Illustrator (while keeping the Java Control Panel window open)

Hope this will also help others!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines