• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Record Keystroke to move forward in Captivate 8

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating an interactive tutorial where I have a question like, "To answer some questions you must type an "x". Please type in an "x" here:  ". After the here: the user would then be required to type in an X to then move forward in the tutorial. Is that functionality possible in Captivate 8?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

A tutorial you want? Possible it is? You asked.

Okay, so here's how I would approach it. Insert a Text Entry Box object on the slide. Program it so it Validates. (there is a check box in properties for "Validate User Input".

Then configure the correct entry.

You might also want to configure the playback controls to be hidden on this slide. Otherwise, the user could just bypass the slide. You would do this by configuring the OnEnter action for the slide to be "Hide Playbar".

Hope this gets you start

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this functionality is possible!

Cheers...Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Captiv8r. I've been searching for examples of this for a couple days now to no avail. Do you know of a tutorial or post that either shows an example or links to a tutorial on how to do it? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A tutorial you want? Possible it is? You asked.

Okay, so here's how I would approach it. Insert a Text Entry Box object on the slide. Program it so it Validates. (there is a check box in properties for "Validate User Input".

Then configure the correct entry.

You might also want to configure the playback controls to be hidden on this slide. Otherwise, the user could just bypass the slide. You would do this by configuring the OnEnter action for the slide to be "Hide Playbar".

Hope this gets you started... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! This is exactly the functionality I was looking for. It works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources