Exit

Why are adobe updates so annoying?

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just cannot believe how annoying Flash updates are:

1. There are so many! I seem to have to update at least once a month. (x4 computers!)
  2. Flash cannot update itself like so many other apps; you have to go to adobe.com to download an installer and run it manually.
  3. You have to quit your browser (and sometimes other apps) to run the installer, losing your browser session.
  4. After installation, you cannot even restore your browser session because you are automatically referred to adobe.com.

These kinds of update processes are maybe acceptable for professional tools like Logic or Photoshop. The Flash player sits at the other end of the spectrum; it is just a necessary evil in my eyes. Can't Adobe find a way to make updates at least as little intrusive as possible?

Or am I just whining?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. There are so many! I seem to have to update at least once a month. (x4 computers!)
    → Same as Windows, and usually released on the same day.
  2. Flash cannot update itself like so many other apps; you have to go to adobe.com to download an installer and run it manually.
    → Actually it does; same major version updates silently in the background.
  3. You have to quit your browser (and sometimes other apps) to run the installer, losing your browser session.
    → Of course; anything that uses Flash Player needs to quit when you install the update.
  4. After installation, you cannot even restore your browser session because you are automatically referred to adobe.com.
    → Never happened to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines