1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 17, 2014 10:53 PM by pwillener

Why are adobe updates so annoying?

flashhater12

Hi,

I just cannot believe how annoying Flash updates are:

1. There are so many! I seem to have to update at least once a month. (x4 computers!)
      2. Flash cannot update itself like so many other apps; you have to go to adobe.com to download an installer and run it manually.
      3. You have to quit your browser (and sometimes other apps) to run the installer, losing your browser session.
      4. After installation, you cannot even restore your browser session because you are automatically referred to adobe.com.

These kinds of update processes are maybe acceptable for professional tools like Logic or Photoshop. The Flash player sits at the other end of the spectrum; it is just a necessary evil in my eyes. Can't Adobe find a way to make updates at least as little intrusive as possible?

Or am I just whining?

• 1. Re: Why are adobe updates so annoying?
          pwillener Level 8
          1. There are so many! I seem to have to update at least once a month. (x4 computers!)
            → Same as Windows, and usually released on the same day.
          2. Flash cannot update itself like so many other apps; you have to go to adobe.com to download an installer and run it manually.
            → Actually it does; same major version updates silently in the background.
          3. You have to quit your browser (and sometimes other apps) to run the installer, losing your browser session.
            → Of course; anything that uses Flash Player needs to quit when you install the update.
          4. After installation, you cannot even restore your browser session because you are automatically referred to adobe.com.
            → Never happened to me.