4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2014 3:21 PM by A.T. Romano

Lost transitions after reinstalling Premiere Elements 12

radar580

I purchased Premiere Elements 12 back in December 2013 after trialling the software first. One thing I was particularly happy with was the number of transitions available which included a number of NewBlueFX transitions.

Just recently, due to issues with my PC I ended up having to reinstall Premiere Elements 12. No problem I thought, I still have the serial number, so off to the Adobe web site I went, downloaded the installation package, installed PE12 on my PC, entered my serial number and I'm back up and running. Awesome! So now that I've come to use my newly reinstalled PE12 I have discovered that the software is not quite the same, must be slightly updated version of PE12. To my horror one of the changes I've discovered is a greatly shrunk list of available transitions! And of course the NewBlueFX transitions which were the best of the lot are gone!

Now, this is not the software I trialled and subsequently bought, had I trialled this version I would have NEVER bought it. Problem is I cannot find any way to contact Adobe directly to raise this issue and have it rectified.

Does anyone on this forum know how I can go about getting this resolved?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Lost transitions after reinstalling Premiere Elements 12
          A.T. Romano Level 7

radar580

For now I will assume that you are running Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 64 bit computer. Have you updated 12 to the 12.1 Update using an opened project's Help Menu/Update. If not, please do so.

Now for your immediate issue which I think should be resolved quickly.

You are apparently in the Quick workspace of the program, under the Transitions Tab. You need to be working in the Expert workspace. When you do you will find all your video and audio transitions.

For several types of items, the Quick workspace does not have all the items available that are found in the Expert workspace.

Please check it out and then let us know the results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Lost transitions after reinstalling Premiere Elements 12
            A.T. Romano Level 7

radar580

Quick.JPG

Expert.jpg

Please review and consider. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Lost transitions after reinstalling Premiere Elements 12
              radar580 Level 1

ATR,

Thank you so much for the quick reply! You are of course 100% spot on. What can I say, that's what happens when you use a piece of software only occasionally as opposed to regularly....I have demonstrated myself a as a complete noob! Thanks again, much appreciated.

Cheers

Radar

• 4. Re: Lost transitions after reinstalling Premiere Elements 12
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Radar

Please never hesitate to ask questions and to ask for clarification. The program opens by default to Quick workspace and, if you have had limited

use of the program, your question was very appropriate. Occasionally some of the program's feature will good missing. The Music Score and Sound Effects under the Audio tab occasionally appear long after the program is installed. And, if you do not have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements, the QuickTime presets go missing. And, generally speaking, there are many Expert workspace only items.

Bottom line, you did well asking your question, and we were glad for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Best wishes with your Premiere Elements projects

ATR