7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2014 7:05 AM by DdeGannes

LR5 - subscription only?

Per Fjeldal

Is it possible to just buy the LR5? I can't find any information on this on Adobe's home page. As far as I can see the only possible option is a monthly subscription. Is that correct?

• 1. Re: LR5 - subscription only?
          DdeGannes Adobe Community Professional

See the link below, you should be able to buy the Upgrade $79 or Full $149.

Products

• 2. Re: LR5 - subscription only?
            browndog66

Does anyone understand this question, I have asked the same question on live chat & keep getting the same answer, Can lightroom & Photoshop be bought outright without the need for a subscription plan, no upgrades no bell no whistles just a program on my PC without an expiry date?

• 3. Re: LR5 - subscription only?

Photoshop CS is only sold as a subscription product and the Photographers plan also has Lightroom included in the package.

Lightroom 5 is still also sold as a perpetual license and the link to that is included in my post above.

Photoshop Elements is also available as a perpitual license and is also available through the link.

• 4. Re: LR5 - subscription only?
                JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The link you were given will help you purchase Lightroom. However, Photoshop CC is the only offering on that page. Here is a link to a webpage where you can purchase Photoshop CS6. It is still available, and apparently is the last version of Photoshop as a standalone program.

Creative Suite 6

As you can see, purchasing Photoshop is quite pricey. That may not be an issue for you. Personally I find the $9.99/month program to be an excellent value. But I realize that everyone's situation is different.

• 5. Re: LR5 - subscription only?

Thanks fo the additional info Jim, I was not aware that PS CS6 was still available. I thought that was discontinued about a year ago.

• 6. Re: LR5 - subscription only?
                    JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Purchasing Photoshop CS6 isn't the easiest thing to find on the Adobe website. Adobe is definitely promoting the Creative Cloud approach. I had myself convinced that I was going to stay with Photoshop CS6. But I finally decided that the  photography package was worth a try. And I must say that I think it is an excellent value. I didn't think I would use the Camera Raw filter that much, but I find that I use it constantly. And it's nice having the brushes for the gradual filter and radial filter. I find having those is a big benefit.

• 7. Re: LR5 - subscription only?

I wish I could subscribe but Adobe does not make it available in the Country I live