18 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2015 6:59 PM by A.T. Romano

cant burn or play dvds that have burnt from ape 13

montymedia2014

ok I have just purchased ape 13 for my laptop and I was using ape 11 on my PC and was completing a wedding video. When I plugged in my external hard drive to the laptop everything seemed fine but when it came to burning the complete project it said Error:no plugin Dlls and it could not complete the burn. This is after it rendered the footage too. I tried resizing and pictures that where over the limit of 1000 pixs. My OS is i7 processor with 8gb ram.

So I decided to try a test edit, it was small and with pictures and it burned to disk but WONT play back on my laptop it just gives me raw folders.

Please can someone help as I have a lot of work on at the moment and need to get through it all.

Many thanks Sean

• 1. Re: cant burn or play dvds that have burnt from ape 13
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Set your Premiere Elements DVD output to a folder on your hard drive and then use the FREE Imgburn to burn the folder to disc for DVD... Premiere Elements does NOT burn to a folder for BluRay (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program)

Read http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1322583 for notes on installing Imgburn WITHOUT any toolbar add-ons... Set Imgburn to use the slowest burn speed your drive and media will use... I set my burn speed to 1x and let Imgburn adjust to the actual minimum

• 2. Re: cant burn or play dvds that have burnt from ape 13
            A.T. Romano Level 7

John T. Smith

Premiere Elements does NOT burn to a folder for BluRay

Premiere Elements 13 now offers burn to ISO image as well as burn to Blu-ray disc.

I will go into that in more detail if necessary. For now, under Publish+Share/Disc/

DVD

Disc

ISO Image (4.7 GB)

ISO Image (8.5 GB)

Folder (4.7 GB)

Folder (4.7 GB)

AVCHD

Same as for DVD

BLU-RAY

Disc

ISO Image (25 GB)

ISO Image (50 GB)

ATR

• 3. Re: cant burn or play dvds that have burnt from ape 13
              A.T. Romano Level 7

montymedia2013

Premiere Elements 13 Mac.

What are you doing when you use Publish+Share/Disc/

DVD

Disc

ISO Image (4.7 GB)

ISO Image (8.5 GB)

Folder (4.7 GB)

Folder (4.7 GB)

AVCHD

Same as for DVD

Do you have the above choices for your Premiere Elements 13 Mac?

What is the video card/graphics card that your computer uses? Intel HD Graphics 2000 or higher?

When do you get the error message

Error:no plugin Dlls

where are you in the burn to process

Encoding menus 1 of...

Encoding Media

Compiling Media

Burn

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements 13 Mac?

ATR

Add On...I am strictly an Elements Windows user so please confirm if your Premiere Elements 13 Mac offers

Publish+Share/Disc/Blu-ray with the choices of disc or ISO image.

• 4. Re: cant burn or play dvds that have burnt from ape 13
                montymedia2014 Level 1

After editing the wedding video on ADOBE PREMIER ELEMENTS 11 on my PC I took my project that is in my external hard drive and open it in my laptop (pc) that has APE13 installed.

When publishing it I go to DVD and it encodes the menus renders the footage and then when it says burning disc 1 the Error pops up.

I have the latest quick time installed.

THESE ARE MY LAPTOP SPECS

Windows 8.1

processor intel core i7 4700HQ CPU 2.40gHZ

8G RAM

64-BIT OS 64-BIT PROCESSOR

intel HD graphics

NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 850m

So do I need to get this missing Dll file and if so how......

• 5. Re: cant burn or play dvds that have burnt from ape 13
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

montymedia2014

Thanks for the additional information. I suspect that this one is not going to involve replacing a missing dll file, but let us see.

And, some key question include "Could you take the Premiere Elements 11 project and burn it to disc in Premiere Elements 11, the program

that created it? That would tell us a lot. With your particular Timeline, did the Premiere Elements 13 Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc, folder, and ISO image

give the same error message ?

There are several flares to explore in your details....

1. The error that you report is not restricted to Premiere Elements 13 and can be seen in many earlier versions.

One (about 2012) claims that the problem was resolved by resizing some photos included in the project.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1117656?tstart=0

Do you have any photos included in your Timeline that are grossly over-sized for the project settings?

From the name of the error and the observed effect, that seems a stretch, but the ID claims it worked.

If we continue along the line of a non specific type error message...

2. How did you transfer the Premiere Elements 11 project to Premiere Elements 13 on the laptop computer?

Did you make provisions for the project.prel file to travel with the source media that was imported into the project?

Did you get any media disconnect messages when you opened the Premiere Elements 11 project in Premiere Elements 13

on the laptop?

3. Premiere Elements several versions have not been faring well with a computer operating system that uses two video cards/graphics cards.

What happens if you disable one or the other of those cards?

4. Lots more to explore...deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if necessary, the whole folder in which it exists; uninstall/ccleaner run through/reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled, etc, inspecting the expanded Timeline content for flaws/debris, stop marker at the end of the last item on the Timeline, and so on.

But let us determine where the answers to the initial questions at top of my post lead us.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: cant burn or play dvds that have burnt from ape 13
                    montymedia2014 Level 1

Hi again thanks for getting back to me I had already read the post regarding the picture resize and tried that but with luck. Now before I would have burned the project to Elements 11 on the pc tower and all projects had been saved to the external hard drive and everything would have been fine.

When I could not burn the project while using the laptop I took the EX hard drive and tried to open it in the pc town again and it said project damaged. So you can understand my concern at that. I just open a previous saved file and it opened and burned ok to dvd.

Now I am at a crossroads regarding using my new laptop with its new software to do my work on. What if it does this again!!! and I loose the project.

So I always have the project plus files on my external HD could this be the problem. I hope not life should not be this hard all I wanted to do was work on a laptop to help save me from sitting in an office all day and night.

I have tested a small project and burned that to DVD just using the laptop with no error code but could not play the dvd back on the laptop. So I think that if I have already started a project on Elements 11 on the pc tower then I will just finish it on that. As for any new projects just use the Laptop.

This really should be a lot more simple.

• 7. Re: cant burn or play dvds that have burnt from ape 13
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

montymedia2014

Thanks for the reply.

Please review the following in context with what you actually did and see if it applies to the steps you went through. This could be the explanation for the damaged project message.

No 100% guarantees, but you should be able to open a Premiere Elements 11 project file (project.prel) in Premiere Elements 13 - provided you are not running into media disconnect issue. But, once you open (edit) the 11 project in 13, you cannot go back and edit that same project file further in 11. That is when the damaged project messages set in. The safety net for this type of situation is to work from a copy of the 11 project or.....

The safest way might have been to archive the 11 project with 11's File Menu/Project Archiver/Copy Project, and then transfer the saved Copied Folder from the process onto a USB Flash Drive. Then use the USB Flash Drive to get the Copied Folder into the laptop. On the laptop with Premiere Elements 13, open the Copied Folder, right click the 11 project.prel, select Open With from the menu that appears, followed by Premiere Elements 13.

I am strictly an Elements Windows user, so please translate the above into a Mac workflow - however, same principles for both.

If the above sounds like it might apply to your situation, please give the workflow a mini test run and let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: cant burn or play dvds that have burnt from ape 13
                        montymedia2014 Level 1

Well thats good to know, I am glad I made this post. I will do a test edit on a new project on my pc tower with elements 11 and copy the file from that to my laptop and see how it goes. thanks for all you help people. I have no doubt I will be back with new issues another time but I will let you know how it goes. 

• 9. Re: cant burn or play dvds that have burnt from ape 13
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

montymedia2014

Thanks for the update.

Looking forward to your results when you get a chance. My following blog post may be of interest when it comes to archiving projects

with disc menus included.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Archiving Projects With Disc Menus

ATR

• 10. Re: cant burn or play dvds that have burnt from ape 13
                            pgauba Adobe Employee

Hi,

You are using Intel laptop.

Can you please try one thing?

1. Launch Premiere Elements

2.Go to Edit - Preferences - General

3. Uncheck "Use Hardware Acceleration" option

4. Relaunch Premiere elements

5. Try to burn your Wedding video

Thanks,

Premiere Elements Team

• 11. Re: cant burn or play dvds that have burnt from ape 13
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

montymedia2014

Hope all is going well.

I see that pgauba (Adobe Staff) has posted the suggestion for you to look at burn to with and without  "Use Hardware Acceleration" disabled in preferences.

Results should be interesting.

Earlier you posted the following specs for your laptop with Premiere Elements 13 and the burn to matter.

THESE ARE MY LAPTOP SPECS

Windows 8.1

processor intel core i7 4700HQ CPU 2.40gHZ

8G RAM

64-BIT OS 64-BIT PROCESSOR

intel HD graphics

NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 850m

In context with psauba's question, is your computer using a card labelled just Intel HD Graphics or is the card description

Intel HD Graphics Family or Intel HD Graphics 2000 or higher?

Looking forward to your reply to pgauba.

Thanks.

ATR

• 12. Re: cant burn or play dvds that have burnt from ape 13
                                montymedia2014 Level 1

Hi sorry for the late reply, but this is pissing me off. I have customers waiting and yet it still says PluginCoder error: no plug in DLLs  .. This popped up after 25%

I have disabled the accelerator and tried again but with no luck. The only info on Intel I have on my laptop is what I have already gave. I am just so frustrated that I Spent £1000 on a new laptop and £84 on this program and I am still having this problem.  All your help is greatly appreciated.

• 13. Re: cant burn or play dvds that have burnt from ape 13
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

montymedia2014

Thanks for the follow up. Sorry that the news were not better.

If your Device Manager/Display Adapter/ shows your Intel video card/graphics card to be just "Intel HD Graphics" with no 2000 or higher in the name after that,

then it my understanding that the preference related to a Intel HD Graphics 2000 or higher card does not apply to you.

I am not sure what the answer is to "PluginCoder error: no plug in DLLs", and, if Adobe knew, I suspect that there would be an Adobe presence in this thread offering a fix for the error. In unchartered waters, then we are left to explore...

1. Premiere Elements does not fare well when there are two video cards/graphics cards used by the computer. What happened when you disabled one or the other of the cards? And, do you find any control in the NVIDIA Controls Panel that will give you the opportunity to fine tune operations related to use with Premiere Elements?

2. You can uninstall all traces of Premiere Elements 13 from your computer, and then install Premiere Elements 13 tryout files from the following web site and then insert your purchased serial number into them during installation.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 Direct Download Links, Premiere too | ProDesignTools

The key to success in this path is to read and carryout carefully the web site's "Note: Very Important Instructions" in order to avoid Access Denied message.

(I have run burn to disc with Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 8.1 64 bit and have not run into any "PluginCoder error: no plug in DLLs" message. My work was with the Premiere Elements 13 tryout.)

If you have not already I would give the computer a free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts) before you start "2".

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download?mac

There has been a gap since you posted last. Perhaps Premiere Elements Team will see that you have re-entered the thread and have come up with some answers to this particular issue in the meanwhile - it might have been waiting for your follow up to go to the next level of its suggestions.

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...If you are within 30 days of purchase of 13 and you purchased direct from Adobe, you should be able to get a refund (Adobe has the final say.)

If you purchased from an authorized reseller, then any refunds need to be dealt with by the reseller under the terms of the reseller's return policy.

• 14. Re: cant burn or play dvds that have burnt from ape 13
                                    montymedia2014 Level 1

I Give up. I am just saving my work as AVI file then bringing it up to the PC and making menues and burning on my APE 11.......Adobe I love you but I think a divorce is on its way if you can't help.....For everyone eles that posted with interesting ways of helping me, THANK YOU

• 15. Re: cant burn or play dvds that have burnt from ape 13
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

montymedia2014

Thanks for the update. Just saw your thread and was troubled that you still have not resolved your Premiere Elements from October 2014 to date January 22, 2015.

I am going to re-read your thread from start to finish in the morning and see if I can spot anything that we missed.

I know there is a point when "enough is enough". I went through that with Photoshop Elements 12. Just when I was going to give, a resolution was suggested

which worked to my amazement.

ATR

• 16. Re: cant burn or play dvds that have burnt from ape 13
                                        montymedia2014 Level 1

Still it is March and I am baffled as to why this is a problem still. I have enough space and it only occurs when it says burning disc 1 of say 3 then stops and ejects.

• 17. Re: cant burn or play dvds that have burnt from ape 13
                                          montymedia2014 Level 1

Ok its coming up to a YEAR now and I now know that it is related to the menu and menu markers and size. If I make the DVD 10 mins long when the original was 59 mins it will burn the 10 min one onto an iso file but it will do the full burn when the project is 59 mins long and say its complete but the iso file wont be in the location I sent it too.

• 18. Re: cant burn or play dvds that have burnt from ape 13
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

montymedia2014

Thanks for the update.

All this sounds like the same business that we touched off and on and off before.

Did you ever determine conclusively that your problems exist with and without a check mark for the preference "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher)"? That preference is found in Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 under Edit Menu/Preferences/General. Disabling that preference is typically a winner especially when successfully exported files cannot be found and also brought about fix for the plug-in dll error. Going through the thread, I believe you said that disabling that preference did not solve any of your Premiere Elements projects. Worth it to try again?

ATR