new project help
What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements running on?
Have you gone through the typical drills of
1. Latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements?
2. Running program from User Account with Administrative Privileges as well as from Run As Administrator applied to the desktop icon
with right click of the icon, followed by selecting Run As Administrator?
3. Does problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?
4. Even though the Premiere Elements 12 Editor will not open, can you open the Elements Organizer 12?
If Yes to all of the above, please review the following for a possible solution...
Please review and consider the above and then we can decide what next which might include trying to open
the program directly from the .exe files. (If Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, Local Disk C\Program Files\Adobe\
Adobe Premiere Elements 12\ and in the Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder are the Adobe Premiere Elements 12.exe
and Adobe Premiere Elements.exe files. Double click the Adobe Premiere Elements .exe file to try to open the project.)
We will watching for your results.
when I try to open "new project" it tells me I have to put my password in and username for the first seven days of installation
>> Are you referring to the adobe ID user name and password? If yes, the seven day message comes when you're NOT registered i.e. you installed with your machine not connected to the net and adobe ID/passwords were never given. Please try the following:
1. Please open your task manager to check if PRE process is running. If yes, please kill the process(es).
2. Make sure you're connected to net
3. Launch welcome screen (from where you can launch organizer and editor)
4. Launch Editor by clicking Editor and then 'New Project'
5. Provide a valid adobe id/password or create a new one from the same screen by clicking on 'Create an adobe id' link in blue
6. Sign in
7. Application would start to load and launch.
Incase, you're facing a different problem, please revert back with screenshots.