2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2014 1:15 PM by incapsee

disk cache

incapsee Level 1

Just started using AE and need to know why is it every single time I open AE I get a warning that my disk cache is full and I always have to go through the process of emptying it. when I've never even completed one project.

I understand the RAM part, but I don't understand why it's full all the time, and as soon as I empty the disk cache it's okay, then I'll practice doing a project and usually delete it after I'm done, then when I open AE the next day to start on a new project, it's the same thing every time.  Empty the disk cache.  It seems so unnecessary, therefore, I have assumed that I must be doing something wrong.

• 1. Re: disk cache
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Without proper system information and actually knowing how your disk cache is configured nobody can tell you anything. This could simply be access problems on your disk due to permissions issues or a virus scanner interfering.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: disk cache
            incapsee Level 1

Thank you for responding.  I use a PC and I only have 4 Gigs of RAM, and I know I should have at least 8 to fully utilize Premiere Pro, but it is what it is.  I also use Microsoft Security Essentials.  But, what I didn't understand is that it only happens when I access AE.  I've got lots of videos on Premiere CS6, and I never, ever get that warning about the disk being full when I access it.

Oh well.  When it becomes a real problem I'll make sure I get to the bottom of it.  For now, it's not keeping me from doing anything, but it's quite annoying.