Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

App crash if not add -useLegacyAOT yes in Flash builder

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2014 Oct 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

i found the same issue, i use fb4.7 and package ios app.(doesn't use adt tool),if i don't add param -useLegacyAOT yes, the app will crash on phone.(with air15.0.328 beta).i found maybe Sound.play crash app.When i add -useLegacyAOT yes,it will run well,but package time is too long.

Someone can share some light about this issue?

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Hi,

We have seen this problem and we are working on it. As a workaround, try to recompile Parsley with latest Flash builder. That should fix the issue.

Thanks

Govinda Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on an application using parsley for me. While initialising the application on the first parsley operations the app crashes with an error. Rebuilding the parsley library with the current sdk won't help at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you talked about the current SDK, did you mean the 302 that was around for a couple of weeks, or 328 that came out today?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well - I tested it with the release version and with every Beta released since the release of the final - even the current. No one worked at all. The parsley lib was not recompiled with the current beta, it was compiled with the previous beta. There is also an entry in the Air Bugbase about that problem from me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Beta from 10/22/2014: still not working

IMG_0568.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as an idea: could this be caused by the usage of custom metadata in parsley?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have seen this problem and we are working on it. As a workaround, try to recompile Parsley with latest Flash builder. That should fix the issue.

Thanks

Govinda Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, we did try this - without any success. Not with the latest release, but with the one before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, it only works when using the -useLegacyAOT param set to "yes", as a side note, it works fine without the parameter when not building a release version. I'm using the AIR 15 beta released on the 17th October.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has anyone been able to compile for iOS (without random crashes) without using the legacy compiler? i'm on build 349 and still seeing problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using certain ANEs, such as the GAForFlash one, then yes, it will crash when you run the app. In general using the faster compiler works, and in some cases using the legacy on can fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're into 2015 now and this is still an issue, using AIR 16 and FB 4.7 or Flash CC 2014. Would love to hear some movement forward on this issue. See: AIR SDK bug: Fast AOT compilation causes app crash and Bug#3942042 - Application crash ONLY when using new fast AOT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We have fixed Parsley issue and many other. Please try latest beta build at http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html

Thanks

Govinda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines