1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 18, 2014 1:19 PM by finadeon

Why is the execution of the Adobe CC service so backwards?  Im looking at you developers...

jordantheperson

When Adobe CC came about, I thought to myself "great!, a subscription model for the Adobe creative suite.  No more multiple versions (CS3, CS4, etc.) installed on the same computer."  WRONG.

For example, I have Photoshop CC and Photoshop CC 2014 installed now...  Why can it not just stay Photoshop CC and get updated as needed.  Isn't that the whole idea with a subscription?

Also, what is with the ridiculous sizes of these programs?!  Adobe Acrobat is 2.75GB.  Just, just why?  I know storage is typically not an issue in 2014 but I have a dual boot laptop with an SSD so I am limited.

For a company providing tools for the creative industries you're not showing much thought.

Let me know if you'd like to discuss further.  I would love to see some actual useful innovations coming from Adobe.

Jordan

• 1. Re: Why is the execution of the Adobe CC service so backwards?  Im looking at you developers...
          finadeon Level 1

Seperate new versions are for example because some plugins or extensions may not work with the newest versions, so there is a possibility to use new and old versions simultaneously if you need some plugin which isn't working in newest version. You can always uninstall the old ones if you don't need them. But there should be more info about it. If Creative Cloud desktop application has a notification of updated Photoshop, and button says "update", it should be an update, not the whole new version. The button should say "install" or something like that if clicking that installs seperate program.