4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2014 3:59 PM by Benjamin Root

Lost changes in edited photos

david_suarez

I developed a bunch of photos yesterday and exported them as .jpg, I wanted to do further changes but all my filters have now disappeared from my library!! what can I do to get the edited photos back?

• 1. Re: Lost changes in edited photos
          dj_paige Level 9

I don't understand your use of the word "filters" here. Do you mean "files"?

• 2. Re: Lost changes in edited photos
            Benjamin Root MVP & Adobe Community Professional

If you do mean "files" instead of "filters", Go to the Library > Catalog (left side of the screen) > All Photographs. This happens if you have imported files after the batch you were working on before

• 3. Re: Lost changes in edited photos
              david_suarez Level 1

Sorry, I meant to say the files are still there, however all of the changes I applied to them are no longer there!! I imported a bunch of RAW files, edited and corrected them and afterwards I exported them to a new folder on my desktop so I could share them with friends. Usually after I do this, if I go back a different time to Lightroom, the files I edited are still there, with all the changes I made to them. Could there be something not working with Lightroom after I updated my OS to Yosemite??? Is the only thing I can think of. The files I edited last weekend are all there with all the changes I made to them, but the ones I imported and edited yesterday have not been saved with the changes, it's really annoying. I have opened and closed the application several times and I noticed it doesn't ask if I want to back-up my library, could this be the problem? I updated to Yosemite on Friday so I'm guessing that must be the problem....

• 4. Re: Lost changes in edited photos
                Benjamin Root MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I am not sure what could cause this.. I have heard that a lot of people are having trouble with the new Yosemite operating system.