1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 19, 2014 5:56 PM by Rick Gerard

How Do I Move The Starting and Ending Point Keyframe When Using A Null Object For A Transform Motion Path?

Photoshopper26097220

I need to move some keyframes, how do I move the last one?

If you don't understand what I'm saying, watch this video and skip to 3:22-3:25. Link at bottom.

How is he moving those keyframes? I don't understand.

After Effects Motion Tracking How To - Visual Effects 101 - YouTube

• 1. Re: How Do I Move The Starting and Ending Point Keyframe When Using A Null Object For A Transform Motion Path?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You position the CTI (current time indicator) on the keyframe you want to move and then adjust the properties.

Second option, position the CTI away from a position keyframe you want to move, or any property that will display keyframes in the composition window, then click on the keyframe with the selection tool and move it by hand.

It looks like the only thing that was happening in the tutorial is adding some keyframes by hand to fix up the start and ending sections where the tracking had fouled up as Walter walked out of frame and add some position keyframes by hand before he entered the frame. You do this by simply manually positioning a few keyframes or by copying and pasting a few of the keyframes at the end of the shot. I would probably select the last 3 or 4 keyframes in the Timeline move the CTI to the last good keyframe plus 1 frame and then paste. While these new keyframes are selected grab them all in the Comp Window and drag them into position by estimating the position of Walter's head.