3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2014 10:20 PM by TYvonneF

"internal error occurred" Fireworks CS5

TYvonneF Level 1

I've used Fireworks succussfully (without any problem) since 2010/2011: suddenly (last Friday around 6pm) it started failing to function, close or open without "internal error occurred". I did system restore... After up till 4am trying to fix it: I uninstalled reinstalled the entire CS5 and everything seems fine so far ex@cept Fireworks keeps saying "internal error occurred". I changed the configuration setting to show hidden files, don't hide extensions, the preference file inside the FW configuration folder is a word doc -0- (no preferences: I tried removing

it yesterday but it didn't altercate the internal error occurred). It seems like there is some incredibly simple fix for this issue: I've read that other persons have had this problem but I

never have before and I absolutely do not have the time to continue fussing with this. Fireworks 'Internal Error Occurred' over and over: I have to use task manager to end it. Does

anyone have an honest answer to why this is suddenly happening?

[self-promotional comments/url removed by moderator]

T Yvonne F

• 1. Re: "internal error occurred" Fireworks CS5
          MarlinKnight Level 1

I had the Studio version of Fireworks. It worked really good. Now I have a trial version from Adobe. It's flaky as the dickens. I keep getting 'internal error occurred' and 'not enough memory' errors. I tried to call about it and warn them I might not subscribe to fireworks for that reason. But there's no phone support for their products. I guess I just have to hope they continue to work to take the bugs out of their stuff. On the other hand they seem to have a 'take-it-or-leave-it attitude.

• 2. Re: "internal error occurred" Fireworks CS5

Had the same issue, and this is what fixed it for me.

Hope it works for you too...TYvonneF

Adobe Fireworks CS5 Cannot Close An internal error occurred | InteractiveWebs Technical Support

• 3. Re: "internal error occurred" Fireworks CS5
              TYvonneF Level 1

The support for Fireworks CS5 was said to be extinct: no longer available directly from Adobe. I uninstalled, re-installed twice: the second time I removed all preferences. I now use Fireworks only when the radio for wi-fi is disabled: the issue?! I'm not sure, but it works wonderfully well again... Keeping the radio wi-fi disabled is a safety precaution; it seems the internal error has something to do with the faux browser scams floating the Inet. Otherwise: preferences was the issue; I did read the kill kill and it seemed somewhat logical up to a point. I'm cleaning out old files: I've only opened one that caused an 'internal error message within FW since I did the second re-install: the first one said succuss--internal error--the second one sad foul and yet the foul works perfect...

I do love the Adobe software: I'm not blaming it or Adobe but it seems the problem started when the setting online for Fireworks was changed when support was allegedly ended for CS5.