1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 19, 2014 2:12 PM by Nancy OShea

Text Pixelation

sdsis01

Hi everyone,

I am pretty new to PS, and I've been trying to find an answer to this one for a while now with now luck.

-I'm using a 13 inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display

-I'm using PS CC and it's up to date

I'm sure there's some reason that the files in general look significantly smaller in photoshop than they do on websites (I think I read somewhere that you should zoom to 200% to see what the pic will look like outside of PS?), and that mostly hasn't been an issue, but when I try to add text, it looks great in photoshop and then heavily pixelated once it's been saved and I open it anywhere else. I have no idea which one is technically "actual size" or why 500x300 pixels looks different in iPhoto than it does in PhotoShop, so I've mostly just been pressing buttons trying to make things work (when it doubt button mash, that's my motto).

I've tried both adding text to an image that is twice the size I want it, and then reducing, as well as editing at the actual size, and I get the same result either way. I've messed around with the image resolution settings as well (221 ppi v. 72 ppi v 300 ppi) and haven't really noticed a difference between them in the saved file. I'm sure I'm missing something very elementary here but I've got not idea what and I'm about to chuck my computer out a window.

I've attached a few screencaps; the first is actual view in PS and the second is what happens if I screenshot the actual view in PS and the third is what the saved jpg looks like in iPhoto or any website I try and upload it to. Current file is in 72ppi.

Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 3.20.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 3.45.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 3.41.44 PM.png

Strangely, they all look better now uploaded to this site than they do when I open them in iPhoto. I'm so confused. *cries*

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!