• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can

Contributor ,
Apr 02, 2007 Apr 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use CF to track the use of reports on our network. I would like to have the user click on a link, have CF log the user info behind the scenes and then pass that link to the requesting machine. The reports are on our network and are run by the Business Objects 5.0 client on the local machines.
I've tried variations of cfcontent, but have had no luck. Can Coldfusion pass the report to the requesting machine and then the local machine spawns the BO client?
Thanks.

Mark F.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not, but if it was, you would have to use javascript to launch BO on the client. Even if you could, I don't think you could bypass the login dialog.

Try something simpler first. See if you can launch notepad or something on a client machine using javascript. If you can do that, launching BO would be done the same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan,

Thanks for the assist. This doesn't make sense to me. If I pass a word document to a client with the correct mime type Word kicks in on the client and opens the document. I'm not worried about the login screen. I expect users to get that. I just can't figure out why when I pass a BO Report it won't open BO.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
On every client machine you have to assign MIME type (value of "Content-Type" header) that corresponds to your data format to the appropriate application. So, the IE would know which application to launch when it receives the data of that type, similar to predefined types for PDF or Word viewers. You also should use content disposition to indicate whether the data should be saved or displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation