10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2014 2:23 PM by JJMack

PS CC 2014 trying top open files that have been deleted and it's causing the program to crash.  Restarting hasn't helped.  Cannot open any other files.

CHILL22

I have the latest updated version of photoshop CC 2014, and when I have come in to work this morning, and have tried to open PS CC 2014, it is attempting to open 2 files that have been deleted.  It is trying to open "recovered" files, but this is causing the program to crash, I get the following message:

"Adobe PS CC 2014 has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

Nothing else pops up, no option to submit and error report, nothing.

I cannot find these so called "recovered files" to try and delete them to rectify the problem.  Restarting the PC did not help.  As it was not myself who has apparently done something to cause this issue (and no one else seems to know/wants to own up to it) I'm at a loss.

I need the PS to work.  All of our files are PS CC 2014 files, I NEED the program. 

Any ideas?  If I uninstall the app can I reinstall it again?  Would that work?