9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2014 10:20 AM by ucrecco

Premiere Elements 13

ucrecco Level 1

Can someone please tell me how to do this in Premiere Elements 13....Thanks:

Ugo

ucrecco@shaw.ca

Edit an Instant Movie

When you create an Instant Movie, Adobe Premiere Elements combines all the clips into a single clip. You can break apart this combined clip if you want to edit or replace the individual clips.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 13
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ucrecco

In Premiere Elements 13, the Instant Movie feature access has been placed under the Create header (top right of the Expert workspace).

1. Import your files to the Expert workspace Timeline

2. Under Create header/select Instant Movie

3. Choose a theme, hit the next button

4. Personalize Movie, hit Apply when finished (we can go into the choices after you explore this overall description)

5. Click Yes to the Replace? Message for "All Users applied effects shall be replaced. Replace? Yes or No.

6. AutoAnalyzer goes into action.

7. Select "Not Now" to AutoAnalyzer request to auto analyze all the media in the Organizer.

8. Instant Movie will appear on the Timeline (complete with menu markers)...for now, select no to Render message.

IM1.JPG

If you want to dig into the Instant Movie to make significant changes, the right click the Instant Movie on the Timeline,

and, from the pop up menu, select Break Apart Instant Movie to get

IM2.JPG

For me, Expert workspace is the place to do Instant Movie in order to see better what you are doing.

Please let us know of your progress when you have the time.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 13
            ucrecco Level 1

Thanks for the prompt reply. 

I was able to create an instant movie in Expert mode…no problems,

I broke the instant movie apart (thanks for the instructions, I had done that but I guess I missed it at the bottom of the 50+ choices)

Edited the clips and created a final version of the movie.  Final version is only 4 minutes long.

The problems I am having now is that I am unable to load it to Revel or share it in any other way.  Sometime it gets stuck and an error message appears saying “ an error has occurred, try again, or try again later…” nothing works.  Sometimes it gets stuck at uploading and the application (Premiere Editor) stops responding. And sometimes it gets stuck at responding, but the movie is in Revel and was able to share it using my Ipad…..?

I must say that since I purchased the upgrade in late August I have had nothing but issues and problems  and it has been a very frustrating experience  It appears the programming code the way is written has many bugs that needs to be fixed.

Any help in resolving this last issue is appreciated.

Ugo

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 13
              ucrecco Level 1

….correction ….I meant to say “transferring”….not responding.

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 13
                A.T. Romano Level 7

ucrecco

Thanks for the update.

I am still working with the Premiere Elements 13 tryout on Windows 7 and 8.1 64 bit. I have not looked at Publish+Share/Private Web Album in 13 since it involves Adobe Revel. I am saving that for the purchased version of 13. The following are my observations of that feature on 12.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Adobe Revel Add Media/Publish+Share

Consequently, my comments on taking your Instant Movie on the Timeline to Adobe Revel are restricted to

a. What is estimated file size of the upload to Adobe Revel using the Private Web Album route?

b. How much space have you left at free Adobe Revel account (max.space allowed 2 GB last I looked)?

In Premiere Elements 13, I have created a Slideshow/Pan and Zoom Instant Movie, about 7 minutes worth of stills.

I had no problems exporting that using Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD/Vimeo HD. And, I obtained a 1280 x 720 @ 29.97

progressive frames per second H.264.mp4 file (file size 411 MB). What were the Publish+Share/Computer/ choices

that you tried to use for exporting your Instant Movie there as .mp4 or other?

Have you been breaking apart the Instant Movie and making significant changes to it before export?

What is the present status of your computer resources?

We will be watching for further details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 13
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

ucrecco

Thanks for the reply. But, for some reason, a reply message did not appear in the reply.

Please try again when you have time.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 13
                    ucrecco Level 1

That’s strange.  Here is a copy.  I had put the answers preceded by my name in the body of your message…..?

ucrecco

Thanks for the update.

I am still working with the Premiere Elements 13 tryout on Windows 7 and 8.1 64 bit. I have not looked at Publish+Share/Private Web Album in 13 since it involves Adobe Revel. I am saving that for the purchased version of 13. The following are my observations of that feature on 12.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Adobe Revel Add Media/Publish+Share <http://atr935.blogspot.com/2013/10/pe12-adobe-revel-add-mediapublishshare.html>

Consequently, my comments on taking your Instant Movie on the Timeline to Adobe Revel are restricted to

·         What is estimated file size of the upload to Adobe Revel using the Private Web Album route?

·          The file is 57.8MB at 1920 x 1080 resolution, length 4:42 minutes.  File includes only one clip and several still pictures. It has a title and ending credits.

b. How much space have you left at free Adobe Revel account (max.space allowed 2 GB last I looked)?

·          I have 1105.5MB stored in Revel including the file above, which loaded even though I never got confirmation.  It got stuck at “Transferring” and I never received confirmation that it uploaded.  I sent the file to a friend via my Ipad and he was able to see it and download the file.

In Premiere Elements 13, I have created a Slideshow/Pan and Zoom Instant Movie, about 7 minutes worth of stills.

I had no problems exporting that using Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD/Vimeo HD. And, I obtained a 1280 x 720 @ 29.97

progressive frames per second H.264.mp4 file (file size 411 MB). What were the Publish+Share/Computer/ choices

The project references are: Editing Mode:DSLR, Timebase 30.00 Frames/second .mp4 file, display format 30fps Timecode

that you tried to use for exporting your Instant Movie there as .mp4 or other?

Have you been breaking apart the Instant Movie and making significant changes to it before export?

Not many changes, just added some soundtrack, closing credits and ending title.

What is the present status of your computer resources?

Windows 7, used space 354GB, free space 576GB, total space 931GB. Computer ACPI x64 Processors, Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, Internet speed 7.17 Mbps @ 100 kilobyte file teast, 12GB DRAM

We will be watching for further details.

Thank you.

Just a thought, but is it an issue with the fact that Revel only runs on windows 8.1? I had a similar problem when I was using Elements 12.

Let me know if you need any further info. and thanks for all the help.

ATR

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 13
                      ucrecco Level 1

Hi ATR,

Any progress in resolving this issue?

Ugo