1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 20, 2014 12:12 PM by dave c courtemanche

InDesign - The network connection was lost

Ralistin

I see a few threads in regards to this problem but I don't either understand or see a credible fix for it. I work for a company that has a creative services department. In total there are about 20 employees, all with the same image on their Mac. The Mac models themselves can vary but I have one user who has had two different Macs now and she continues to be the only one in the department who has this problem. Randomly she will get the following errors from InDesign CS6 vr. 8.0.1 on OS X 10.9. She works on files from a server. Illustrator doesn't have this issue working from the same sever but InDesign does. This can happen while she is actively using the Mac so there isn't anything turning off or going to hibernate mode.

The network connection was lost for the file XXXXXXX.indd, or the file was modified by another process.

Followed by

Adobe InDesign is shutting down. A serious error was detected. Please restart InDesign to recover work in any unsaved InDesign documents.

To troubleshoot I have done the following:

1) Deleted the InDesign prefs.

2) Updated the CS 6 suite

3) Changed out network cable

4) With new cable, swapped her network port with another users network port. Problem still stayed with the user.

5) Had the network team monitor her port with a sniffer. They found nothing wrong with it.

6) Updated OS X 10.9

7) Removed CS 6 and re-installed.

Not sure what else to do.