Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Many files don't upload from FM to Sharepoint

Participant ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got a trailhead for these symptoms?

I attempted the initial upload of a book plus inset files from FM11 to a Sharepoint server. After connecting to the server through the CMS interface, I right-clicked, selected

That part looked good. The progress bar appeared and was active.

An error log window appears after a few hours with a message like this: The following files could not be uploaded due to some error.

Edit 20141021: The error log is not completely accurate. It claims, for example, that 191 files in an _images folder did not upload. But the SP open-in-Explorer view shows that 138 of those, approximately 72%, did upload. Ugh.

In that error log:

• Some (not all) of the paths to files contain spaces. Are spaces not allowed?
  • Other paths contain the underscore character. For example: D:\ABC\Development\ABC_App_UserGuide\_Images\Dashboard.swf. Are underscores a problem?

Edit 20141021: From within the FM CMS interface, the Show Dependents list does not sort correctly, whether ascending or descending.

ShowDependents_SizesNotSorted.pngShowDependents_2_SizesNotSorted.png

My prior CMS experience is with FM to Documentum. Perhaps I need more basic information about what Sharepoint does and does not support?

Best regards,

TOPICS
CMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?