3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2014 4:18 PM by Peter Spier

Why can't I open InDesign CS4?

LCovi

I've had the Adobe Master Collection CS4 since 2009, but never opened InDesign. Now I have a file from someone to open and collect imagery - but the program doesn't open.  Here's what I have:

1. Windows Vista, Home Premium (service pack 2), and I operate on a PC.

2. My InDesign version is CS4.

3. The file is an INDD file & we don't know which version it was created in. (but I cannot even open the program)

The error message appears in a box heading that reads:  Font Capture: InDesign.exe Entry Point not found

The message inside that box reads:

The procedure entry point ?Reset@CextScriptDOMEElement@@UAEXXZ could not be located in the dynamic library link Public.dll.

I click OK in that box - then receive this error - Heading in the error box reads:

InDesign.exe

The error message appears in a box heading that reads:

Cannot load the SNIPPET.APLN plug in.  It is dependent ont he INXCORE.RPLN plug-in, which failed to load.  Please check documentation for the INXCORE.RPLN plug in.

I purchased the Adobe Master Collection back in 2008 or 2009 & have used several of the programs, but never attempted to open InDesign. So - I don't know if this was always a problem or ??

I'd appreciate any insight into my dilemma!

Thank you,

LouAnn Covi

• 1. Re: Why can't I open InDesign CS4?
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

You've probably never installed any patches for ID, so we should try that first. The last version of CS4 was 6.0.6. If you run Help > Updates... from one of the programs that opens it will probably pick it up for you.

• 2. Re: Why can't I open InDesign CS4?
            LCovi Level 1

I cannot open InDesign.  Never have opened the program.  Can't get to Help, without opening the program, right?  Is there any other program that will allow me to open an InDesign file?  I'm just trying to use a couple of vector images that were in the file that was sent to me.

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Why can't I open InDesign CS4?
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

You said you could ope other programs from the collection. You should be able to update all of the programs using Help > updates... from any of them.

If the vector files are linked you won't need to open the ID file, as long as you have the links. If they were native objects, or pasted in, you can only get them from within ID.