1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 21, 2014 10:53 AM by brian.filipiak

I am about to sign up for a paid account, but I want to confirm functionality first...

Chiro Ben

I am about to sign up for a paid account, but I want to confirm functionality first -

I have created a 'master' form, from which I want to be able to then make unlimited copies, with each individual copy personalised for one response only.

Will forms central allow this on a paid plan?

Separate to this, I want to know whether with each personalised copy I can go in and edit a couple of details (such as name and DOB) before sending the link to the recipient (or will my 'required field' rules make me have to complete the whole thing?). Better yet, is there a way to enter just those two or three fields from 'outside' the form to speed up/automate the process?

I look forward to whatever responses you can  provide. Thanks in advance...Ben

• 1. Re: I am about to sign up for a paid account, but I want to confirm functionality first...
          brian.filipiak Level 2

Hi Ben,

Yes, with a paid account you can create as many copies from your master form as you wish. You don't mention if you are using PDF forms or web forms, but the same is true for both.

With PDF forms, you can edit your copies and send them on to your recipients as needed. Data would all be collected in the same data set. With web forms, if you make copies from your master, the new copies will create their own data sets, so you will need to collect and then collapse all of your individual data sets into one, outside of FormsCentral, or copy and paste responses into a single data set in FormsCentral - a rather tedious process.

You could pre-fill information in a form, save it, and then send the "retrieve" link to your recipients... but that seems like a lot of work. I would not pre-fill any information into the form. Let your respondents do that, and keep your rules from breaking and keep your data set as simple to manage as possible. Pre-filling information puts a burden on you, and would not preclude your respondents from changing the data anyway.

I hope that helps,

Brian