3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2014 9:24 PM by A.T. Romano

Importing quick time, freezes

Jamie Altman

I have Premiere Elements 11 and it freezes and lags whenever I try to import a 2-minute Quick Time video.

• 1. Re: Importing quick time, freezes
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Jamie Altman

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running on?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 11?

What are the properties of this "Quick Time video"? The brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded

the video might be a quick way to get at those properties.

What are you (manually) or the project (automatically) setting as the project preset. See Edit Menu/Project

Settings/General Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if they look grayed out).

Let us start here and then we can decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Importing quick time, freezes
            Jamie Altman Level 1

I am running it on OSX 10.9.4 and my Quick Time version is 10.3. I'm not sure what the settings are, but I recorded it on a camera and then imported onto my computer through an SD card.

Timebase: 29.97 frames/second

Frame size: 1920 by 1080

Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0)

Thanks for you help.

Jamie

• 3. Re: Importing quick time, freezes
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jamie Altman

Could you try to get together some properties of the video file itself? Can you confirm that the file extension is .mov?

An important quick question...when you are playing your Timeline video in the monitor and it is lagging, is there an orange line over

its Timeline content? If so, have you hit the Render button to get the best possible preview of what you are seeing?

From the project settings, it appears that your project is probably (no Editing Mode shown) set at the default settings AVCHD 1920 x 1080 i 30.

That does not mean that those values match your video's properties.

Couple of ways to get at this.

a. When you have your video in Project Assets, right click the file's thumbnail there and select Properties.

What does Properties show for frame size and frame rate?

b. You could download and install one of the properties readout programs such as MediaInfo,

MediaInfo Mac (Mac) - Download

but I thought that it would be easier for you to tell us the brand/model/settings of the camera so that we could figure out the video

properties information from there.

We will be watching for as much information (especially answer to question at beginning about rendered Timeline) that you can put together for us to help you.

Thanks for the information already supplied.

ATR