2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2014 8:46 PM by A.T. Romano

Im having difficulty downloading Adobe Premier Elements 13 to my PC

geowife

I am having difficulty installing my Adobe Premier Elements 13 to my Dell PC.  I got though everything I thought but then it said it needed to extract files and put them to one of my files to complete the download.  It acted ok, but then gave me the answer of, "Installer has detected that a machine restart may be pending....Its recommended that you quit thje installer and restart the machine and install again."  I restarted the machine twice with no luck.

• 1. Re: Im having difficulty downloading Adobe Premier Elements 13 to my PC
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

That's a bug in the installer. Ignore the message. You don't need to restart -- but you do need to extract the .zip file before you launch the installer.

• 2. Re: Im having difficulty downloading Adobe Premier Elements 13 to my PC
            A.T. Romano Level 7

geowife

From where are you downloading Premiere Elements 13? And, are you downloading purchased files from Adobe direct or the Premiere Elements 13 tryout from Adobe direct?

What computer operating system is involved?

If you continue to have problems downloading and installing the program, try the download and install (with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled) from the following

web site and then insert your purchased serial number in it if you are dealing with purchased product.

Remember to read the Note: Very Important Instructions at that web site so that you do not get Access Denied message.

Also, after you go through the Very Important Instructions part and are eligible to click on the wanted file...

a. select the 2 files for your program and computer operating system

b. process File 1 (the .exe file) first - Adobe Application Manager before File 2 (the .7z file) - the program.

More details depending on the details specific to your situation.

Thanks.

ATR