1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 21, 2014 6:31 AM by dj_paige

Photos are missing

Morgan213

I recently imported my first set of photos in lightroom. A few days later I noticed that the folder had a question mark on it so I read that you should right-click and choose "locate folder". I guess I did that wrong because now I don't see any of the pictures I imported any longer. I can only see them if I click under the catalog tab where is says "All photographs" or "Previous Import"...Where do I go from here?

• 1. Re: Photos are missing
          dj_paige Level 9

morgan213 wrote:

I recently imported my first set of photos in lightroom. A few days later I noticed that the folder had a question mark on it so I read that you should right-click and choose "locate folder". I guess I did that wrong because now I don't see any of the pictures I imported any longer.

Let's suppose you imported photos into folder A, and then a few days later you notice the question mark, you perform this "locate missing folder" operation, and you point Lightroom to folder Z where the photos are now stored.

Lightroom will no longer show you the photos in folder A, you must look in folder Z Are you looking in folder Z now?

Suggestion: to avoid the question marks, you don't move the photos or folders outside of Lightroom from now on