13 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2014 10:35 AM by A.T. Romano

Prmier 12

seniorgoofball

When I chek Add media from elements 12 to premier 12 Adobe shuts down.  why?

• 1. Re: Prmier 12
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You'll want to ask in the forum for that product.

Premiere Pro

• 2. Re: Prmier 12
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are you talking about using PHOTOSHOP Elements and PREMIERE Elements at the same time?

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180
            •You MUST use an account with Administrator Privileges to run Premiere Elements
            •(Doing Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 [says Encore and also for "All" versions of Premiere] will sometimes fix "odd" errors)
            •What version of Premiere Elements? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Elements 12 with the 12.0.1 update).
            •What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.9.4"---not just "Mac"
            •Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?
            •Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)
            •What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.
            •If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?
            •What were you doing when the problem occurred?
            •What other software are you running?
            •Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?
            •How many and what speed are your hard drive(s)... ie 5400rpm or 7200rpm or?
            And some other questions...
            •What are you editing, and does your video have a red line over it BEFORE you do any work?
            •Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

•What is your exact brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???)
            •What is your exact graphics adapter driver version?
            •Have you gone to the vendor web site to check for a newer driver?
            •For Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information
            •-you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself
            •ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool
            •nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

• 3. Re: Prmier 12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

seniorgoofball

What are you doing?

Are you in Elements Organizer 12 Slideshow Editor and trying to transfer the slideshow from there into a Premiere Elements 12 project?

If so, does the Elements Organizer 12 Slideshow Editor shut down when you go to Output and hit the choice "Edit with Premiere Elements Editor?"

After I wrote the above, I found your other thread on this question that has been circulating around the other forums.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1609329?sr=stream&ru=2334420

It looks like it is as I suspected.

Since that is the case, please give us the following information to help us to help you

a. What are the pixel dimensions (width and height in pixels) of photos in the Elements Organizer slideshow?

b. What is the total duration of the slideshow?

c. What else besides photos is in this slideshow?

This may be a case of just oversized photos. But we need to get the information from you to sort through possible reasons

for the problem in order to get to the correct reason.

Please review and consider and then we will decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Prmier 12
                seniorgoofball Level 1

Thank you very much for your reply.  I got my computer straightened up.  Was trying to use prmier 7 on my windows 8.  Did not work.

I have 12 and everytime I start to put pictures in a slide show I cannot put them in the order I want them,  It puts them wherever they choose.  That is why I liked 7 as I had no trouble placing them where I want.  An suggestions.  Again thank you for your reply

Sincerely    Bettie Helm

• 5. Re: Prmier 12
                  seniorgoofball Level 1

Do I have to use both premier and elements?

How do I put pictures into the slide show in the order that I want them.  thank you,  I got the other problem taken care of.

Sincerely    Bettie Helm

• 6. Re: Prmier 12
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Bettie Helm

If you need more details on this, please let me know. But, here is the general idea for maintaining the order of your photos when they import

into the Premiere Elements project.

1. AT the hard drive save location, get them all ordered in a folder. Typically a series of file names starting with 001.jpg or 0001.jpg according to how many

photos you have. Then you import the whole folder into Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace Project Assets. When you drag the whole

folder to the Timeline, all your photos will present on the Timeline in the order that they were in the folder before import.

or

2. Create an Elements Organizer album of the photos and then import this album into the Premiere Elements project.

Please consider and let us know the results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: Prmier 12
                      seniorgoofball Level 1

Thank you and I will be back to working on it soon. 

Sincerely    Bettie Helm

• 8. Re: Prmier 12
                        seniorgoofball Level 1

I forgot doo\I have to do them all at once?

Sincerely    Bettie Helm

• 9. Re: Prmier 12
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Bettie Helm

Good morning

I am not sure if we are together on the details.

I thought that you had a group of pictures that you wanted to get into your Timeline's project all at the same time in the order in which

you had arranged them somewhere on your computer. So, the suggestions were for that.

If you want to bring photos to the Timeline's project one at a time and then rearrange them on the Timeline afterward, you could

click and drag them carefully to new positions in the Timeline. Variety of techniques including just a click drag. You do not want

to disturb the existing Timeline content. Holding down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard as you add a file to an existing

Timeline content helps to avoid disturbing the existing Timeline content. Please review the following video tutorial that

discusses arranging clips on the Timeline with "keyboard modifiers" (such as Alt or Ctrl).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqRT8OzdxVc

The link is provided for informational/non promotional purposes.

The following is an Adobe document on arranging Timeline clips and more. It is applicable to your Premiere Elements 12/12.1.

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 * Arranging clips in the Expert view timeline

Please let us know if you have any questions or need clarification on the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 10. Re: Prmier 12
                            seniorgoofball Level 1

I hate to borther you again.  I am trying to do this simple,however I keep forgetting to ask this. How do I get the required codec installed?

Sincerely    Bettie Helm

• 11. Re: Prmier 12
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Bettie Helm

Are you now getting a required codec not installed message? I do not remember that in the other discussions in your thread.

When are you getting this message and what is the exact wording...does it include something like "not supported for format or missing codec"?

Are you importing a file into the project and you get this message? What is the file involved when this happens?

Please give us more information and then we can decide how to move forward in your project.

Thanks.

ATR

• 12. Re: Prmier 12
                                seniorgoofball Level 1

message I receive.  "not supported or required codec is not installed "  or"not supported by file type"

This is when I put in a disk that I have made.  They do contain songs that I bought from

tunes.  I downloaded a couple songs, copied them to disk and then put them in as pictures.

Sincerely    Bettie Helm

• 13. Re: Prmier 12
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Bettie Helm

Thanks for the additional information.

iTunes music and Premiere Elements have problems.

The solution has been to convert the iTunes music to .wav file in iTunes and then import

the .wav version into Premiere Elements using Premiere Elements Add Media/Files and Folders.

iTunes: How to convert a song to a different file format

Please review the iTune document's how to on this. If any questions, please let me know,

and we will do a step by step.

Thanks you.

ATR