6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2014 2:49 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 12 for Windows closes while rendering - 1 hr video

SOOJ

Why does PE12 for Windows lock up while rendering?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 12 for Windows closes while rendering - 1 hr video
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180
          •You MUST use an account with Administrator Privileges to run Premiere Elements
          •(Doing Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 [says Encore and also for "All" versions of Premiere] will sometimes fix "odd" errors)
          •What version of Premiere Elements? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Elements 12 with the 12.0.1 update).
          •What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.9.4"---not just "Mac"
          •Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?
          •Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)
          •What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.
          •If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?
          •What were you doing when the problem occurred?
          •What other software are you running?
          •Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?
          •How many and what speed are your hard drive(s)... ie 5400rpm or 7200rpm or?
          And some other questions...
          •What are you editing, and does your video have a red line over it BEFORE you do any work?
          •Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

•What is your exact brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???)
          •What is your exact graphics adapter driver version?
          •Have you gone to the vendor web site to check for a newer driver?
          •For Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information
          •-you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself
          •ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool
          •nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Exactly what is INSIDE the video you are editing?

Codec & Format information, with 2 links inside for you to read http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1270588

Report back with the codec details of your file, use the programs below... A screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933 for screen shot instructions

Free programs to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 12 for Windows closes while rendering - 1 hr video
            A.T. Romano Level 7

sooj

To customize a response for you, best let us know what computer operating system your Premiere Elements 12 is running on?

After that....

1. Have you updated Premiere Elements 12 to 12.1 Update using an opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please do so.

2. What are the properties of what you are putting on the Timeline? What is the project preset?

3. When you talk about Windows closing while rendering an 1 hour video, are your referring to

a. Render as in Timeline Render for preview purposes in the Edit area

or

b. Export (sometimes referred to as render) during which encoding occurs?

4. If we assume that you are talking about export of your Timeline, what specific export settings are you using

Publish+Share/what?/what? And, are you customizing the export settings under the Advanced Button of the preset or

using default export settings for your choice of preset? Are you dealing with exporting of a complex Timeline content?

Let us start here and then go through all that rest as it becomes indicated as the exchange of information develops.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 12 for Windows closes while rendering - 1 hr video
              SOOJ Level 1

I'm trying to publish to a file on the computer.  After about 4 minutes, the program stops working.  I've tried it with an hour long presentation and with a 10 minute presentation.  Makes no difference, it always shuts down after a few minutes.

Here's a screen shot of the settings:

PublishSettings.JPG

Here's a screen shot of the shutdown message:

PgmStop.JPG

Here's the info on the computer and software:

Intel i7-4790K CPU @ 4 GHz    16 GB Memory

Windows 7 SP1  64 bit

nVidia GeForce GTX 570  Driver ver: 9.18.13.4411

250 Gb hard drive for system and program fiels

2 TB hard drive for data files with 1.8 TB free.  I'm saving to this drive

To answer previous questions:

• I have administrator privilanges
              • I'm using the most updated version of Premier Elements 12
              • I just purchased the software yesterday.  It has never worked correctly
              • There are no other programs running, and PE12 is the last software installed.
              • I'm trying to publish an avi file created by a software package called VMix
              • not sure about hard drive speed, but I've tried saving to the C: drive which is a solid state drive
              • While attempting to publish, there are no other processes happening
              • no red lines over, but there are yellow lines through both video and audio tracks
              • video drivers are up to date
              • the video is of a person presenting a message with power point slides mixed in via the VMix mixing software
              • here are details of the fileProperties.JPG

Thanks for your help!

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 12 for Windows closes while rendering - 1 hr video
                A.T. Romano Level 7

SOOJ

There are problems with your project settings so let us clear them out of the way first.

Basically it looks like you are trying to export 16:9 video as 4:3.

Try this on a new project....

If you source video is 1280 x 720 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second, then set

the project preset manually

1. Open Premiere Elements 12/12.1 to its Expert workspace, go to File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings.

2. In Change Settings, set the project preset to NTSC/AVCHD/AVCHD LITE 720p30. OK out of there. In the

New Project dialog that will appear, make sure that "Force Selected Project Setting on this Project" has a check

mark next to it. Then OK out of there.

3. When you are back in the Expert workspace, import your video using Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets

from where you drag the video to the Timeline.

4. Do your edits....

5. When you get to exporting, use Publish+Share/Computer/ and then decide what meets your requirements.

If you want Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG, set for and use Presets = HD720p30.

You could also look at other 16:9 exports on which we can go into detail later. But, for now, let us see if the

above suggestions have any impact on your present workflow problems.

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 12 for Windows closes while rendering - 1 hr video
                  SOOJ Level 1

Did exactly as shown and it still shut down. I tried it twice.  It looks like Windows is shutting the program down

Capture.PNG

I noticed that when the process begins the CPU fan speeds up a little, but not significantly.  The program always seems to shut down about 3 - 4 minutes into the process.  Though it shuts the program down, it does save the published portion of the video.  After looking at both videos, I noticed that it the length of each was 8 min, 8 seconds long.  I tried using the same process on another hour-long file and the program shut down after creating a video file that was only about 3 minutes long.

I checked the processor resources during the publishing process and PE12 only uses about 25 % of the resources.while publishing.

Any thoughts?

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 12 for Windows closes while rendering - 1 hr video
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

SOOJ

Thanks for the additional information.

Let us go after two factors....

We have the project preset established as NTSC/AVCHD/AVCHD LITE 720p30 because it appears to match the properties

that you gave for your source video. If the problems continue in trying to export as Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG, let us

look deeper in your source media.

1. Earlier you said

I'm trying to publish an avi file created by a software package called VMix

Avi is just a file extension (wrapper/container format) that can have a variety of different compressions. We need to determine

what the video and audio compressions are for this .avi file. Can you find those settings in your VMix software? If not, consider

downloading and installing the free codec utility named GSpot and then letting us know what is shown for Video Codec Name

Status and Audio Name Status.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

2. The other idea is to go after QuickTime to assure the integrity of its installation. If you go to Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime,

do you see choices listed for the QuickTime presets? Depending on how things go, we may for a QuickTime uninstall/reinstall, but

that is for later and if necessary.

Looking forward to your result.

Thank you.

ATR