5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2014 12:28 PM by jasonvp

Video Card Support AMD R9 270 and NVIDIA GTX 750Ti

leozora

I wanted to ask if the AMD R9 270 or NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti are supported by Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

In this link

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

is written:

AMD R7 (all models?)

AMD R9 290 (270 no?)

while the NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti does not say anything.

Can you help me?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Video Card Support AMD R9 270 and NVIDIA GTX 750Ti
          leozora Level 1

No one can you help me?

• 2. Re: Video Card Support AMD R9 270 and NVIDIA GTX 750Ti
            cc_merchant Level 4

The GTX 750 Ti is the preferred card by far. At least 2 times faster than the R9 270 with Premiere Pro.

• 3. Re: Video Card Support AMD R9 270 and NVIDIA GTX 750Ti
              ECBowen Most Valuable Participant

Always select Nvidia right now when there is an option. Cuda far outperforms Open CL in Adobe right now. I would also suggest the 760GTX card instead.

Eric

ADk

• 4. Re: Video Card Support AMD R9 270 and NVIDIA GTX 750Ti
                Fellow72 Level 1

So pretty much any AMD card you'd purchase would be underutilized if you want it to speed up your editing process in Adobe premiere. Especially anything below Premiere CC. AMD cards are good for Sony Vegas Pro if you are into editing with that program, due to the good utilization of Open CL. For Adobe though, any Nvidia Card is better than an AMD card for video editing. This is because Nvidia  uses cuda cores, something that Adobe utilizes. You'll need to download the hack to get it to the GPU acceleration to perform properly, but yeah that is pretty much what you need to know.

Conclusion:

If you only edit with Adobe Premiere Pro, the GTX 750ti is the better card to get out of the two 10 times out of 10.

If you use Sony Vegas However, the story changes. I have no idea about Final Cuts Utilization of Cuda and Open CL though since I haven't used it in years.

Cheers!

• 5. Re: Video Card Support AMD R9 270 and NVIDIA GTX 750Ti
                  jasonvp Level 3

Fellow72 wrote:

So pretty much any AMD card you'd purchase would be underutilized if you want it to speed up your editing process in Adobe premiere. Especially anything below Premiere CC.

Firstly, the OP asked about Pr CC.  Any version of Pr prior to CC when running on a Windows machine would ignore an AMD GPU, that's true.  But we're talking about CC.

Secondly, the AMD GPU won't be underutilized in the sense that the card will be unused.  Anything Pr can do with CUDA, it can also do with OpenCL.  It may not be as fast, but the GPU will still get used (right up to 100% of its capacity).  The limiting factors are: how efficient is Adobe's OpenCL code, and how powerful is the AMD GPU?

You'll need to download the hack to get it to the GPU acceleration to perform properly, but yeah that is pretty much what you need to know.

I don't know what you're referring to here.  What "hack" should the OP download?