0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2014 8:19 AM by shawnk2520

documentReady vs creationComplete, Autoplay and Preloaders

shawnk2520 Level 1

I was hoping to reignite this topic by adding another curiosity to the mix...

Previous topic thread:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/5427154

How does Edge's preloader ability work with all this? I am having trouble getting a dependable and consistent preload on a ehhhe kinda large homepage intro...

1. If I add a preloader to the animation do I uncheck "autoplay" on the stage (as an fyi, no user interaction is necessary to start the animation; it should begin after everything is loaded and ready to play a smooth animation)?
      2. Does adding a preloader also add a "documentReady" in the background? If not, do I add this in conjunction with a preloader?
      3. If adding a preloader, is it also wise to add a creationComplete for the stage AND turn-off autoplay?
      4. Does autoplay have anything to do with jerky playback and preloading??
      5. If I recall some old Flash knowledge, we had to take a few frames on the main timeline and dedicate them to a loop which watched for last frame or bytes before proceeding to another point in the timeline..(I'm showing my age here cause that was AS2). Not sure why I added this bullet if only to suggest I have a little knowledge about this stuff...
      6. Can someone point me to a comprehensive tutorial or documentation on how to properly handle larger than normal (but not necessarily huge) animations? The ones I have come across tell me what is already obvious

Built with:

Adobe Muse CC 2014
      Adobe Edge Animate CC 2014

http://samplelawsite.businesscatalyst.com

Need help with homepage animation

Preloader currently set to "Polite" (so page should load first and then animation should start it's preload process if I understand things correctly)
      Autoplay is currently set to "Off"

I have actions set on first frame of MainStage to "compositionReady sym.play();"

I will not work on the home page today in hopes someone will give me a hand with this. 

thanks in advance!

s

Message was edited by: Shawn Kelshaw