8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2015 1:03 AM by greule

Adobe Lightroom Desktop stopped sync to mobile

PeterHMJacobs

Hi,

I am using Lightroom for 2 months with perfect sync to mobile. As of last Monday my desktop version stopped syncing.

* I have a Mac with the latest update of the OS (Yosemite)

* I created the diagnostic report but could not see any obvious error

* I run Lightroom 5.6

Anyone else had a similar issue?

Peter

• 1. Re: Adobe Lightroom Desktop stopped sync to mobile
          greule Adobe Employee

Could you try to remove the sync.lrdata file and restart LrD. This would restart/refresh the sync (metadata only).

Removing the Sync.lrdata might fix whatever the issue is.  Or, at least, might trigger it to occur again. So remove the Sync.lrdata, start Lr, and then wait until it either syncs or gets stuck again and create at this point a new Lr Desktop diagnostic log which can hopefully provide some clues.

You can find the  sync.lrdata file here:

On Mac it's at /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata

You can trigger the log via LR Desktop preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button.

Please send me the LR Desktop diagnostig log  - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

Thanks,

Guido

• 2. Re: Adobe Lightroom Desktop stopped sync to mobile
            PeterHMJacobs Level 1

I have solved the issue. This is what I did and the level of success:

• Checked for missing pictures : Impact: NO, i.e. not the root cause
            • Optimized catalog: Impact: NO, i.e. not the root cause
            • Sync issues in navigator: Impact: NO, i.e. not the root cause
            • Removed the /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata dir and restarted LrD. Impact: NO, i.e. not the root cause
            • Created a new catalog, imported all photos again and recreated all collections: Impact: YES, i.e. it seems my catalog was corrupt
            • 3. Re: Adobe Lightroom Desktop stopped sync to mobile
              greule Adobe Employee

Glad that its working again. - Guido

• 4. Re: Adobe Lightroom Desktop stopped sync to mobile
                smwatters

I am having a similar issue with my iMac since updating to Yosemite. LR5 is not able to read any of my files/photos I am trying to download from any of my 3 Sony Cameras.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• 5. Re: Adobe Lightroom Desktop stopped sync to mobile
                  greule Adobe Employee

Could you try to remove the sync.lrdata file and restart LrD. This would restart/refresh the sync (metadata only).

Removing the Sync.lrdata might fix whatever the issue is. Remove the Sync.lrdata, start Lr Desktop, and then wait until it either syncs or gets stuck again and create at this point a new Lr Desktop diagnostic log which can hopefully provide some clues.

You can find the  sync.lrdata file here:

On Mac it's at /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata

On Win it would be at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\Sync.lrdata

You can trigger the log via LR Desktop preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button.

Please send me the LR Desktop diagnostig log  - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

Thanks,

Guido

• 6. Re: Adobe Lightroom Desktop stopped sync to mobile
                    dmcairns

I am having a similar problem.  I just installed the mobile app on my iPad and can't get it to sync with my desktop.  The desktop machine shows that a collection has been synced, but my iPad says no collections available, enable sync in lightroom desktop to get started.  What am I missing?

• 7. Re: Adobe Lightroom Desktop stopped sync to mobile
                      RikkFlohr Adobe Community Professional

Make sure the App is still logged in to your Adobe ID.

• 8. Re: Adobe Lightroom Desktop stopped sync to mobile
                        greule Adobe Employee

Hi David, in case you have still problems even when Lr Mobile is correct signed in then please send me a LR Desktop+Lr Mobile diagnostig log  - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

You can trigger the log via LR Desktop preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button

The Lr Mobile app log can be triggered when you open up the settings and long press the top LR Icon, a diagnostic log will be generated and attached to your local mail client.

-

Guido