12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2015 8:03 AM by A.T. Romano

how many systems can I download my adobe premiere 13 on,

how many systems

eg, can I download it on my windows and mac or only one system??

• 1. Re: how many systems can I download my adobe premiere 13 on,
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You may download files from an Internet site to as many computers as you want

You may INSTALL the program to the type of computer that you specified when you purchased the download

• 2. Re: how many systems can I download my adobe premiere 13 on,
            A.T. Romano Level 7

how many systems

You can have the same purchased activated purchase number on no more than 2 of your computers. You just do not run them at the same time.

Here is my take on all this....

If you want Premiere Elements 13 for Windows and you purchase online download on that Windows computer, you purchase the license of Premiere Elements 13 Windows.

If you want Premiere Elements 13 for Mac and you purchase online download on that Mac computer, you purchase the license for Premiere Elements 13 Mac.

You cannot use purchased Premiere Elements 13 Windows installation files from download for installation on a Mac operating system.

You cannot use purchased Premiere Elements 13 Mac installation files from download for installation on a Windows operating system.

But, if you purchase the box packaging of Premiere Elements 13, that typically comes with two installation discs, one for Windows and one for Mac.

There will be the same serial for both. Once you have done your Windows and Mac installations with the appropriate disc, you have met the limit of "same purchased activated serial number on no more of your computers".

Please review and consider. Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. This is not Adobe. Rather user to user.

ATR

• 3. Re: how many systems can I download my adobe premiere 13 on,
              A.T. Romano Level 7

how many systems

Just in case note....

Premiere Elements 13 no longer supports Windows XP and Vista and Mac OSX 10.7

ATR

• 4. Re: how many systems can I download my adobe premiere 13 on,
                how many systems Level 1

Thank you so much, I was told that there is no more Box, just Online download. Is that true, if not where

can I get a box?

>

• 6. Re: how many systems can I download my adobe premiere 13 on,
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

how many systems

Adobe apparently gave up selling the box packaging a few years ago. But, the box packaging still exists from resellers such as Amazon

and others.

In your situation, I see an advantage in going box packaging of the product to accommodate your Windows Mac situation.

Please let us know the outcome when your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: how many systems can I download my adobe premiere 13 on,
                    how many systems Level 1

Hi There

Just got box packing of Pre Elements 13 and it works on both Mac & Wins. Do you know if there

are more DVD menu other than what comes with Premiere Elements 13? please

• 8. Re: how many systems can I download my adobe premiere 13 on,
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

how many systems

Thanks for the reply.

A major perk of Premiere Elements box packaging is that you get an installation disc for Windows and Mac; whereas, with a download purchase

you just get the installation files related to the computer operating system to which the installation files are downloaded. Look like the same price

either way.

There is another thread (within the last few days) which asked the same question about more disc menus for Premiere Elements.

Customization of existing Adobe disc menus within the disc menu customization area of the project or at the level of the theme's psd files is

your best choice.

You could check out the subscriber web site http://www.muvipix.com to explore its (free and non free) disc menus. Other than that I have not

seen an online source for Premiere Elements disc menu themes.

If you want to get into disc menu customization, please consider some of my work in this area

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/09/pe-inside-disc-menu-theme-folderfiles.html

See the bottom of that blog post for links to some of my work.

Your follow up is appreciated. Best wishes with your projects.

ATR

• 9. Re: how many systems can I download my adobe premiere 13 on,
                        clowesga2

Thanks for the info on installations and on DVD Templates.

I installed PE 13 about a month ago and was disappointed to see that Adobe had not updated the DVD templates to include Generic and Standard options that I often used in PE 3 before upgrading to PE 9. These templates allowed users to drag their own pictures -- or a plain black background -- onto the DVD Main Menu and also to the Scene Menu to provide the basic background to the menu choices presented.   

So I was glad to see your posting to learn there was a way of getting additional menu templates. I checked both of the references you provided and got updated on how to install additional DVD Templates. The instructions say to go to the Adobe Premiere Elements folder under C:\Program Files\Adobe and go into DVD Menus folder to see where the templates are stored. I did that with PE 13 and successfully located the DVD Templates folder.

However, in the DVD Templates folder for PE 13 there's just a single folder labelled "Common." That folder has just  one DVD template in it (Slideshow). The other template folders displayed when using PE 13, such as Entertainment, General, and Happy Birthday, are nowhere to be found. Where did Adobe hide them?

And where should tthe new template folders be placed -- under Common folder, or with the other hidden templates, wherever they are?

I'd appreciate any information you could provide.

• 10. Re: how many systems can I download my adobe premiere 13 on,
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

clowesga2

The following blog post goes into disc menu theme's files/folders locations for Premiere Elements 4, 7, 8.0/8.0.1, 9.0/9.0.1, 10, 11, 12. I have not updated for 13, but it is the same as 11 and 12 with exception 13 replaces 11 or 12 in the naming.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Disc Menu Folders/Files Locations

At the bottom of that blog post are links to some of my work with disc menu themes.

There are some who write to place user created disc menu themes in the path described for Online Folder.

I disagree with that choice and prefer the location where you find Slideshow/Pan and Zoom which comes with program install. The following is an excerpt

from the above link as it relates to version 11 and 12. Premiere Elements 13 does not support Windows XP.

Premiere Elements 11 or 12

Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit Paths

Photoshop.com and Photoshop.com plus Gone

Content Download Concept In Existence

Local Disk C\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11 or 12\DVD Templates\Common\ and in the Common Folder is the category folder names Slideshows which contains the "Pan and Zoom" theme Folder which is installed when the program is and ready for use.

(The path is the same in Windows XP 32 bit.)

also

Local Disk C\Program Data\Adobe\Premiere Elements\11.0 or 12.0\Online\DVD Templates\All_Lang\ and in the All_Lang Folder are 14 category Folders with incomplete theme files plus a manifest.txt file. The theme files are completed only after the user downloads them free from within the Movie Menu customization area of an opened project. These incomplete theme files are installed when the program is.***

(The path in Windows XP 32 bit is Local Disk C\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Premiere Elements\11.0 or 12.0\Online\DVD Templates\All_Lang\ with incomplete theme files plus a manifest.txt file. The theme files are completed only after the user downloads them from within the Movie Menu customization area of an opened project.)

My Preference

As an aside for user customizing an existing DVD Template or creating new one from scratch for Premiere Elements 11 or 12, the Common Folder in the above Program Files path would be the folder in which to place a new category folder/new theme folder/ with new theme folder containing the new theme's required files.

Please review and do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or need clarification on any of the above.

Thanks.

ATR

• 11. Re: how many systems can I download my adobe premiere 13 on,
                            clowesga2 Level 1

Thanks very much for your prompt and informative response. In the Program Files directory for PE13, I created  a new folder under DVD Templates\Common called XF3, and then created two folders under XF3 called Generic One and Standard, which were the two DVD menus I used most with PE3. Finally, I copied the PSD files for these two DVD menus in PE3 and pasted them into the Generic One and Standard folders I had created in the PE13 Program Files directory structure.

Even though the new DVD menu folders had no PNG files, the new DVD menus came up without a hitch when I fired up PE13 and I had no problems dropping in my own JPG and MP3 files as menu backgrounds.

Thanks very much for your help. You solved my problem.

Geo

• 12. Re: how many systems can I download my adobe premiere 13 on,
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Geo

Thanks for the follow up with the great news of your success with the disc menu themes in your Premiere Elements projects. Great job in sorting through

all the details involved.

Please let us know if you have any further questions on disc menu themes for Premiere Elements or need clarification on any of the work that I have

done of this topic.

Best wishes

ATR