4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2007 4:20 PM by cptmcnair

How to capture a web page that scrolls

cptmcnair Level 1
      Is there a way to capture a web page that has to scroll because it's too big for the screen? Is it possible to make it so the person can scroll the page when they want to? I've designed a work-around, but it's not natural.
      Thanks
        • 1. Re: How to capture a web page that scrolls
          macrofireball Level 3
          Hello cptmcnair,

No, sorry Captivate does not offer any way of enabling your learners to do this out of the box. In order to achieve the effect you are looking for (and assuming you own Flash) you could create an interactive panning scrolling effect in this application and then insert this as an animation / animation slide into Adobe Captivate.

Regards,
          Mark
          • 2. Re: How to capture a web page that scrolls
            macrofireball Level 3
            Hello cptmcnair,

No, sorry Captivate does not offer any way of enabling your learners to do this out of the box. In order to achieve the effect you are looking for (and assuming you own Flash) you could create an interactive panning scrolling effect in this application and then insert this as an animation / animation slide into Adobe Captivate.

Regards,
            Mark
            • 3. Re: How to capture a web page that scrolls
              eLearner22 Level 1
              Hello cptmcnair,

We use the scroll bars all the time on a long web page. We just put a click box over the down scroll arrow with a caption that says to click the down scrolll arrow to see the rest of the page. On click, it goes to the next slide where the second part of the web page is. We have also added click boxes to the top to go back and the setting is: On click go to previous page. It's kind of low tech but it works really well for us.
              • 4. Re: How to capture a web page that scrolls
                cptmcnair Level 1
                I did the same thing on my last one. I hoped there was an easier way to do it. If Captivate could use PDFs, it would be much easier. Or even better, if it could easily capture the full page.