5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2014 3:55 PM by A.T. Romano

I have had Premiere Elements 13 for 2 days and it keeps crashing.  I am a long time user of Premier Elements.

lindaozag

Do I have to buy a new computer to use this product?

How do I know if my new computer works with Premier 13?

Is there an agent who can help otherwise do I have to return it?

• 1. Re: I have had Premiere Elements 13 for 2 days and it keeps crashing.  I am a long time user of Premier Elements.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

lindaozag

What computer operating system is involved? I am currently looking at the tryout of Premiere Elements 13 from Adobe on Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 64 bit. There was no problem with the download and install. So far no crashes.

Be advised that Premiere Elements 13 no longer supports Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Mac OSX 10.7.

What is the problem that you are having with Premiere Elements 13? Lots of questions that I could ask you in order to develop a troubleshooting

strategy, but I need details of your situation - project preset, properties of source media, when these crashes are occurring and what is going on

in the project at the time, computer resources, video card/graphics card driver version status, QuickTime installed, and any antivirus or firewall(s)

interferences.

Did you purchase Premiere Elements 13 from Adobe direct? If so, you should have 30 days from the date of purchase to get your money back.

That has been the way it was and I assume the way it is. I can give you a link to Adobe Chat to sort out the refund details if it comes to that.

But, first some details, on computer and how Premiere Elements 13 is not working for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: I have had Premiere Elements 13 for 2 days and it keeps crashing.  I am a long time user of Premier Elements.
            lindaozag Level 1

Hello,

I have a rather new Gateway all in one with Windows 8.1, 64 bit, AMD E-350 with Radeon HD Graphics,  1.6 GHz.

I used Photoshop and Premiere 10 quite a bit in the past, but it has started crashing so I thought it was time for an update.

I have a new external drive where I put almost all of my photos and videos so they wouldn't take up room.  That has had no effect on the computer's performance.

Adobe Premiere Elements 13 isn't working at all.

If I can't get it to work, I'll return it in a few days.

Linda

• 3. Re: I have had Premiere Elements 13 for 2 days and it keeps crashing.  I am a long time user of Premier Elements.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Linda

Thanks for the reply with additional details of your situation.

How many video cards/graphics cards does you computer have? More than 1? Please verify, if you have not already, in

Device Manager/Display Adapters. Premiere Elements does not fare well with those computers that are using more

than 1 video card/graphics card.

Your processor clock speed is very low, 1.6 GHz.

Note the 2.0 GHz in the System Requirements for Premiere Elements 13.

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements/tech-specs.html

There is a fine line between System Requirements for "best results" and those that just

take the program down if not met.

Also, determine if your issue exists with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

McAfee has been particularly problematic in this regard. Apparently it controls the firewall(s) as

well as the antivirus function.

How much installed RAM does your computer have? Are the project's scratch disks directed

to a hard drive location with enough free space to accept them? Please see Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch

Disks.

If worse comes to worse and you purchased from Adobe direct within the last 30 days, then decide whether you want

your money back. You should be able to do that through Adobe Chat. You could click on the following link

Contact Customer Care

Premiere Elements

Membership, account, payment

Payments, invoices, orders

Chat Panel

As of a moment ago, the Chat Panel was displaying as an active choice. If the link does not hold the set, then you

will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.

But, let us see if any of the comments above have any impact on your situation.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: I have had Premiere Elements 13 for 2 days and it keeps crashing.  I am a long time user of Premier Elements.
                lindaozag Level 1

Hello ATR,

I think the problem is that this computer has only 1.6 GHz.  I will try to install 13 on a different computer and if it doesn't work I will return it.

Photoshop and Elements 10 work fairly well, so I will keep them installed on this computer.

I will get back with you on this matter.  Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Regards,

Linda Ozag

• 5. Re: I have had Premiere Elements 13 for 2 days and it keeps crashing.  I am a long time user of Premier Elements.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Linda Ozag

Thanks for the update.

We will be watching for further developments.

I think that you are on the right course for making the best decision on which way to go

with your video editing program selection.

Best wishes

ATR