chris_0183

my permiear elements 8 stop working

• 1. Re: my permiere elements 8 stop workig
          chris_0183 Level 1

how can i fix it

• 2. Re: my permiere elements 8 stop workig
            A.T. Romano Level 7

chris_0183

Thanks for the follow up. Lots of questions. Answers will be in the details.

1. What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 8 running on? How long has it been working without problems?

Where does it stop working

a. after clicking on the desktop icon, nothing happens

b. after clicking on the desktop icon, the program opens to a gray screen

c. you get as far as a new project workspace and then the program workflow ends with crashes

d. other

Did you get any error messages when the program stopped working?

And, does the problem go away if you disable the antivirus and firewall(s)?

2. Then the typically drill questions for users who are using Premiere Elements 8

a. are you working from the 8.0.1 Update of the program

b. do you have the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalzyer features disabled?

c. do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1?

d. are you running the program as Administrator?

e. is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card...

does your computer use more than 1 video card/graphics card?

f. what do your computer resources look like?

Let us pause here to rule in or out the above. Please answer the questions that you can. I will help you answer the ones

that you cannot, giving you specific details on how to find the answers to those question.

Thank you. Do not hesitate to ask questions and to ask for clarification. I will rewrite if necessary. And, we can go at

whatever pace you want to getting Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 working.

ATR

• 3. Re: my permiere elements 8 stop workig
              chris_0183 Level 1

I have windows 7 my computer will not run Premiere Elements 8when I click on icon element 8 premier shows a grey screen

• 4. Re: my permiere elements 8 stop workig
                chris_0183 Level 1

I have windows 7 my computer will not run Premiere Elements 8when I click on icon element 8 premier shows a grey screen

• 5. Re: my permiere elements 8 stop workig
                  chris_0183 Level 1

I have windows 7 my computer will not run Premiere Elements 8 when I click on icon element 8 premier shows a grey screen

• 6. Re: my permiere elements 8 stop workig
                    chris_0183 Level 1

I have windows 7 my computer will not run Premiere Elements 8 when I click on icon element 8 premier shows a grey screen

• 7. Re: my permiere elements 8 stop workig
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

chris_0183

Thanks for the replies which let us know how far you can get into the program.

Let us go on to the rest of the questions now that we have worked through "1" on the list.

Did you get any error messages when the program stopped working?

And, does the problem go away if you disable the antivirus and firewall(s)?

2. Then the typically drill questions for users who are using Premiere Elements 8

a. are you working from the 8.0.1 Update of the program

b. do you have the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalzyer features disabled?

c. do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1?

d. are you running the program as Administrator?

e. is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card...

does your computer use more than 1 video card/graphics card?

f. what do your computer resources look like?

It would be good to know the answers of the above before going on. This way we can build on the

information. Provided what your answers are to the above - especially antivirus problems, I am heading

in the direction of having you delete the Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file. And,

if that does not work, then delete the whole 8.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

Do you have the purchased serial number and installation files or installation disc for Premiere Elements 8?

If the deletions related to the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file do not work, I am thinking to go for a uninstall, free ccleaner run through, reinstall with antivirus

and firewall(s) disabled.

For the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs deletion....

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 8.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you

delete the whole 8.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working

with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

For the program uninstall......

1. Deactivate the program in an opened project, using the Help Menu/Deactivate. Close out of there.

2. Uninstall the program using the usual Control Panel way.

3. Do a free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts) to get rid of any leftovers from

incomplete installs and uninstalls. CCleaner - Download

4. Reinstall the program with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

If you run into any unexpected problems along the way, stop, and let us know so that we can overcome

them to continue on with the plans.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: my permiere elements 8 stop workig
                        chris_0183 Level 1

• 9. Re: my permiere elements 8 stop workig
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

chris_0183

Thanks you for all your replies. But, they are all saying the same thing

which I understand.

But, we must do some troubleshooting to try to get at the reason why. There is no one answer fits all.

That is why I am asking you to please read post numbered 7 in your thread and try to work through the details to

determine if any of the troubleshooting steps help us to resolve your Premiere Elements 8 problem.

In the end, it may come down to an uninstall, ccleaner run through to clean out leftovers, and then the reinstalls

with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled so that they do not interfere with the reinstall.

Please review and consider. If you are having problems with the suggestions, please let me know in what way, and I

will rewrite until I write, you try the suggestion, and then we discuss the results.

Thanks.

ATR