6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2008 7:49 AM by V Gary Nelson

Not run in IIS

L.J.S
      I had installed flex IIS model correctly,and reboot the computer,it's show the default start page when enter windows,every thing seems ok.
      But when I click the links of samples in the default start page,I got this result:

---------------------------------------------------------
      Compilation Results

Errors, warnings or exceptions were found while compiling null.Visit the online Flex documentation or API reference for further information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An error occured on the server. Server error is: ''</html

----------- end-----------------------------------------------------------------
      my jre ver: is 1.5.0.0.7
      flex sdk ver: 2.0.1.
      iis ver: 5.1

• 1. Re: Not run in IIS
          Level 7
          If you have the version of JRE that comes with Flex Builder 2.0.1, it
          doesn't work. They are working on a new build that will work on IIS.

--
          Nancy Gill
          Adobe Community Expert
          Author: Dreamweaver 8 e-book for the DMX Zone
          Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Instant Troubleshooter (August, 2003)
          Technical Editor: DMX 2004: The Complete Reference, DMX 2004: A Beginner''s
          Guide, Mastering Macromedia Contribute
          Technical Reviewer: Dynamic Dreamweaver MX/DMX: Advanced PHP Web Development

"L.J.S" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:etuhql$am6$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I had installed flex IIS model correctly,and reboot the computer,it's show
          >the
          > default start page when enter windows,every thing seems ok.
          > But when I click the links of samples in the default start page,I got this
          > result:
          >
          > ---------------------------------------------------------
          > Compilation Results
          >
          > Errors, warnings or exceptions were found while compiling null.Visit the
          > online Flex documentation or API reference for further information.
          >
          >
          >
          > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          >
          >
          > An error occured on the server. Server error is: ''</html
          >
          > -----------
          > end-----------------------------------------------------------------
          > my jre ver: is 1.5.0.0.7
          > flex sdk ver: 2.0.1.
          > os: windowsxp sp2
          > iis ver: 5.1
          >
          >
          >
          >

• 2. Re: Not run in IIS
            ceflash
            I have the similar error

when I click the links of samples in the default start page , I got this result:

Compilation Results

Errors, warnings or exceptions were found while compiling null.Visit the online Flex documentation or API reference for further information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An error occured on the server. Server error is: 'RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is: java.rmi.RemoteException: Error. The specified file - 'D:/wwwroot/s' - does not exist.'
            • 3. Re: Not run in IIS
              catalinanastasoaie Level 1
              Hi,

You are getting this error message because the Flex Module cannot find the samples files in your document root. Can you guys verify that the samples folder was copied in your document root?

Regards,
              Catalin
              • 4. Re: Not run in IIS
                RuslanR
                quote:

Originally posted by: catalinanastasoaie
                Hi,

You are getting this error message because the Flex Module cannot find the samples files in your document root. Can you guys verify that the samples folder was copied in your document root?

Regards,
                Catalin

Hi!
                At me similar error. A folder with examples is located there where it is necessary. A single file is not compiled even in a root

At me set:
                jre ver: is 1.6.0_01
                flex sdk ver: 2.0.1

iis ver: 6
                --------------------------------------------------------
                Compilation Results

An error occured on the server. Server error is: 'RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is: java.rmi.RemoteException: Error. The specified file - 'C:/Inetpub/w' - does not exist.'

• 5. Not run in IIS
                  catalinanastasoaie Level 1
                  Hi,

Verify that the Launch IIS Process Account (for Windows XP) and IIS_WPG (for Windows 2003 Server)user has read and write permissions in the samples/ folder.

After you have verified this try again.

Regards,
                  Catalin
                  • 6. Re: Not run in IIS
                    V Gary Nelson
                    For Windows Vistas users like myself (please don't judge) right click on the samples folder which you will find under Inetpub; go to properties and then the security tab select the IIS_IUSRS user and then press the edit button and add write permissions everything should be fine after that