2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2014 8:59 AM by bogiesan

After Effects--Composition not using entire image frame??

daisiekae

Hello,

I'm very new to After Effects so I'm sorry if this is a very simple question. I've Googled it and I think maybe I'm using incorrect terminology because I haven't found anything that describes what is happening. So, I've taken a screen shot to hopefully help illustrate my issue.

I'm using After Effects CC - 2014.1 Release on a Late 2013 Mac Pro. Trying to piece together an animation render from Autodesk Maya.

Right now I'm using a test render so that I can figure out the import settings for when the final one is finished rendering. In this test there are 94 images, each intended to be one "frame" in a 24 frames per second animation. I think I have altered these settings correctly as it seems to be about the correct length (94 "frames" / 24 fps = 3.9167 or 3:55 seconds)

The problem I'm running into is that After Effects is only showing a small viewport of the actual images. I've outlined in the bright green dashed line the approximate actual image size and where in the image it is showing in After Effects. All of the images are the same size and same resolution, and they are all being shown only in this small window.

How can I change the settings to have the final animation show the entirety of the frame? Obviously it's showing such a small area that it won't work for me-- I really need all of that missing information shown.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 6.31.48 PM.png