3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2014 8:52 PM by A.T. Romano

Stills rotated in premiere elements 10

Mr Hackonabike

Hello everyone. Can anyone help me with a problem I'm having with Photoshop Elements 10 /Premiere Elements 10? I'm making a slideshow consisting of video and stills. Upon moving the project from photo elements to prem elements some but not all of my stills have been rotated right 90 degrees. What's going on and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Stills rotated in premiere elements 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

hackonbike

What computer operating system is your Photoshop Elements 10 and Premiere Elements 10 running on?

What Output choice did you use in the Elements Organizer 10 Slideshow Editor to transfer that slideshow to Premiere Elements 10 - Edit with Premiere

Elements or something else?

The reason for irregularities in that transfer typically trace back to the use of oversized images in the slideshow. What are the pixel dimensions

of the stills, how many of them are there, and what is the format of the video? Can I assume that you introduced the video into the slideshow

in the Elements Organizer 10 Slideshow Editor rather than outputting a slideshow with stills and adding the video in Premiere Elements after

the slideshow arrived there? What is the total duration of the Elements Organizer 10 Slideshow Editor slideshow?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Looking for your reply in the morning.

ATR

• 2. Re: Stills rotated in premiere elements 10
            Mr Hackonabike Level 1

Hi A.T.

My PC is running  windows 7  Home premium 64-bit SP-1

Output- 1080p @ 24hz I'm hoping to burn it onto a bluray blank. If that can't be done I'd like to put it on a thumb drive.

Stills are at 4000 x 3000 and there are 290 stills.  Video is 1920 x1080 p in Pal format.

I just transferred from PE 10 to Prem. Elements10 - no editing. However I did introduce stills and video in Photoshop slideshow.

Total duration - 84 mins.

hope this helps.

• 3. Re: Stills rotated in premiere elements 10
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Mr. Hackonabike

Although your Premiere Elements 10 is running on Windows 7 64 bit as a 64 bit application, your results are pointing to you stressing out the system with grossly oversized stills (and 290 of them). As appropriate, resize or crop resize to 1920 x 1080 16:9. Use of those high resolution photos typically do not get you better end product quality and only serve to stress out the program as it attempts to reduce them to the sizing of the format.

This is my suggestion....

If your stills are 16:9, then resize them to 1920 x 1080 and use them in the Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor if you prefer to build the slideshow there.

If your stills are 3:2 or 4:3, then crop resize them to 1920 x 1080 maintaining the 16:9 and then use them in the Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor.

When you do go to output the slideshow from the Elements Organizer 10 Slideshow Editor, use the Output command Edit With Premiere Elements Editor.

But before you hit the output choice, open Premiere Elements 10 and make sure that you set the project preset in the new project dialog as

PAL

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p25

Then output the slideshow from the Elements Organizer 10 Slideshow Editor to the opened Premiere Elements 10 with the project preset you just set.

If you decide that you want to do some more significant edits of the slideshow in Premiere Elements, right click the .psess video version of the intact slideshow that was placed automatically on your Timeline in the transfer from Elements Organizer to Premiere Elements, and select Break Apart Elements Organizer Slideshow.

Add disc menus if you want. Do not bother with stop markers if your destination is a burn to Blu-ray disc. Stop markers do not function in the playback of the Blu-ray disc.

Then Share/Disc/Blu-ray and select your appropriate preset.

How much installed and available RAM does your computer have and how much free hard drive space does you computer have. You want to make sure

that the Premiere Elements scratch disks are directed to a hard drive save location with enough space to accept them. See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks.

Some can get away with letting the program do the resizing, some cannot. Level of computer resources is a major factor.

Please review and consider. Any questions, please ask.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...In future project, you might want to consider building the slideshow in Premiere Elements, followed by the burn to there.