3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2014 2:52 AM by pwillener

Older content debuggers file association problem...

rhys.thomas.games

I require to use the flash player content debugger stand alone to debug an application and examine traces....

The PC I am using (Windows 7 - 64 bit) came bundled with Flash Player 15, but not the content debugger.....

when examining the content debugger download page, I chose to download an older version of flash player content debugger,

but have found you now no longer provide them with installers but just stand alone exe's such as below....

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/13/flashplayer_13_sa_debug.exe

This meant that when I wanted to try and run a swf, the file type was permanently associated with

this debugger which I downloaded (the old one), I have since installed the latest versions of flash player content debuggers at version 15.

But my swf files are still associated to automatically open with the older version....

Can you please provide me with how to fix this or where the stand alone v15 flash player content debugger would be installed

on a windows 7 - 64 bit OS?

Also why do you guys now not provide installers for your older players, seems silly to me?

Thanks very much for your time...

All the best

Rhys Thomas